Stitches still - 8 months later !!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stitches still - 8 months later !!! Stitches still - 8 months later !!!

Unread 02-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Stitches still - 8 months later !!!

So, I saw my doc again today. I'm still having discharge and many other issues so he examined me and sure enough ... I still had a couple stitches yet that hadn't dissolved. He removed some at 15 weeks as well that hadn't dissolved. I pray this is the answer. If this doesn't stop the discharge I don't know what I will do.

Oh, did I mention that having the stitches removed HHHUUURRRTTT major bad !?!?! Then I had to sit through a lunch and an appt for my daughter than drive 45 miles home on the interstate. It hurts the most to sit. I feels like I'm ripping my cuff open or something. Ouchies. Tell me this will pass quickly and I will finally be able to buy new underwear or better yet ... never wear any ever again !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2006, 11:09 PM

Dropping by with s! Surely this will get better for you! in there!
Unread 02-09-2006, 12:35 AM

How horrible! I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope you feel better very soon. Please let us know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2006, 06:04 AM

Moonfly13:
I'm sorry to hear that you are still feeling pain. I'm also from Minnesota. I hope you feel better soon.
CJL
Unread 02-09-2006, 06:40 AM

I do hope you get better real soon. Removing stitches is also painful for me, too.
Unread 02-09-2006, 10:41 AM

Moonfly 13 - would you mind sharing what other issues you were having? I'm 7.5 weeks out and I still have cuff discomfort/pain although no discharge or other symptoms. I'm just wondering if I'm slow to heal or ?
Unread 02-11-2006, 07:48 AM

I really didn't have much for pain, it was the discharge. I was told there would not be any after surgery and there still was. Every day. So, I am crossing my fingers and hoping this is finally the end of it. Of course, since the stitches were removed I have had more discharge but I know that is from the healing.

Pain-wise I am much, much better. That day he took the stitches out was terrible. I was sore and achy the next morning but I ended up going out and shovelling my driveway. I realize now that was probably quite dumb of me when I still have some healing to do in my cuff. I guess we'll find out if that was a complete bonehead move or not!! Let's hope not !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register