feeling detached | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling detached feeling detached

Unread 05-24-2013, 11:54 PM
feeling detached

I had an medical necessity hysterectomy in July 2012. Since then I've still feel like distant and don't have much of a sexual drive. The hysterectomy wasn't by choice and I still get upset from time to time about having it and my husband and I have been having a lot of conversations about my sexual drive and thst I'm not having enough sex with him. Help me, I don't want to drive a wedge in our marriage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Re: feeling detached

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. Is there a friend, doctor or someone you can talk to about what you are going through? Sending positive, healing vibes your way.
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:33 AM
feeling detached

I've tried to talk with a dr but all he wants to do is give me medicine and I don't like how I feel when I take it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2013, 02:13 AM

Maybe time to find a new doctor, or try a naturopath. I just saw another post on the "new post" list of a lady who had amazing success with some natural options. A healthy, happy sex life is so important for both of you. Low libido is something that can be fixed, if you can find the right doctor to work with you. Personally, post hysterectomy, I had a low desire for sex, but found that once I was actually aroused, I enjoyed it all the same. It took months for the feeling of avoidance to go away. I always started out feeling like 'i was taking one for the team" and ended up very happy with the results. I wish you the best luck in figuring out what works for you.
Unread 05-27-2013, 06:29 AM
feeling detached

I will try that. Thanks for the advise
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:53 PM

Are you able to take natural progesterone or estrogen? Or did you keep your ovaries? I know low hormones can keep you down mentally, sexually etc.
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:25 PM

I kept my ovaries
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:35 PM

I kept one and I still had a big hormonal shift. Another idea, find a clinic that does bio-identical hormones and get a complete hormone check done. They can determine if things are off. Low libido can be due to low testosterone, yes, ladies need testosterone too to have a sex drive. My SIL did that, and now if back to a wonderful private life. There is hope!
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:46 PM

I did, my obgyn ordered blood work and everything came back fine
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:55 PM

That is frustrating. They checked testosterone too? Some doctors don't seem to think of it?
Have you been evaluated for depression? The fact that you feel distant and sad about your hysterectomy means it could be a possibility. If you don't mind sharing, what medications have you tried? There are so many options and something usually will work for everyone, you just have to find out which one. Also, counseling might be very helpful to help you work through your grief...because that is what it is. I also grieved losing my uterus. Even more so when I realized it was all for nothing and in fact made me worse.
Share whatever you feel comfortable sharing. Or I think we can privately message each other too. I have a whole family of women who have had hysterectomies for different reasons, at different times in their lives and with various success. I'll help you out in any way I can, even if it's just as a personal cheerleader, which we all need from time to time

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register