Tough question to ask but here goes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tough question to ask but here goes Tough question to ask but here goes

Unread 01-27-2006, 05:54 AM
Tough question to ask but here goes

This is quite embarressing (sp)! I have been having complications since my surgery. Last night I felt very weird in the vaginal area. So curiousity got the better of me. So I went to take a look. I was like totally amazed at what I saw! This didn't look like it had before. I'm not going to go into detail but only to say it's not what I had before. The doctor never said things would change in appearance. Just wondering, has anyone else looked and is it different?? I am uncomfortable asking but I wanted to know if it's just me. Thanks and sorry for asking such a personal question.

SNSHINE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 06:45 AM

Hi SNSHINE,
You didn't specify what complications. What do things appear to be and what changes have you noticed. I noticed in your profile that you have no ovaries. Are you taking hormones? Have you called your doctor?
I noticed changes "down south" a few months after my hsyt because of constipation problems. That's when I called my doctor.
Good luck Snshine. My prayers are with you.
Unread 01-27-2006, 06:57 AM

HI SNSHINE
At 7 weeks you can still have swelling, which could affect how things look. My dr told me my vagina was a different shape than it had been. It hasn't proven to be a problem, but maybe that is what you see. We can't be sure, but I think asking the dr is a good idea, just in case you are observing something that needs to be taken care of and he/she can explain more specifically what you are seeing.
's,Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 07:04 AM

I do have an appoinment today at 1:30 with my ob/gyn. Complications are severe cramping and a discharge since surgery 2 months ago. What has changed is there was a big opening and now I can hardly see one at all. Bright pink in color. Now I am curious to find out. Maybe it is still swelling.
Thanks for the replies.
SNSHINE
Unread 01-27-2006, 08:16 AM

I haven't looked and now I am definitely afraid too!What kind of hystro did you have?
Unread 01-27-2006, 08:44 AM

I am sorry !! I didn't mean to scare you. Like I said I am having complications so it could be that. Just take a look and see. You are probably just fine. Sorry again. Remember, what I have you may not.

SNSHINE
Unread 01-27-2006, 08:53 AM

I had my hysterectomy last May. Mine was a done vaginal and my doctor told me before my surgery that he would be doing alot of repair work down there so when I got older I wouldnt have bladder and stool problems. So my opening is a whole lot smaller than before surgery. I did have problems at first having relations with my husband, but after a few months, relations are better than ever. Good luck with your recovery. I promise it will get better with time. I am so glad I had my surgery.......the only regret is not having it sooner.
Unread 01-27-2006, 09:04 AM
A similar experience....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSHINE
I do have an appoinment today at 1:30 with my ob/gyn. Complications are severe cramping and a discharge since surgery 2 months ago. What has changed is there was a big opening and now I can hardly see one at all. Bright pink in color. Now I am curious to find out. Maybe it is still swelling.
Thanks for the replies.
SNSHINE
Like you snshine...curiosity got the better of me...but my reason was because I wanted to see where I was bleeding from a few days ago. The first time I looked, pre post op appt, I saw a "hole". Now this had never been there before. Because I had a prolapsed EVERYTHING. So it was kind of...wow...everything IS gone...I can see into my body....uhh....ummm...ok....I can deal with this. It's a good thing.

So then, I had my post op. Doc says I'm healing fine. For whatever reason, I can't recall now, I had to look again. This time, the hole was gone!! And I was freaking that I had done something to make something fall, etc....It appeared to me that some scar tissue (which my doc doesn't identify it as such...she says we see our bodies much differently than a doc) had fallen back into place. Well, I don't even know if they tucked this tissue up or not. And now, I can't remember that she said specifically. She told me that she was pretty sure if I hadn't been lifting, etc. that I was ok but to call if I had any other concerns.

So, I am guessing we would all see anatomy changes there. I know I know have a VERY defined stitch line down my perineal area. Maybe it will smoothen over time.

Hope this helps somewhat...
Unread 01-27-2006, 09:24 AM

I took a peek or two after surgery. Yes, it totally looked different. It was just the swelling. It took a long time to go down. At least 10 weeks. Now everything looks normal.
Unread 01-27-2006, 09:46 AM

Thanks so much. Maybe I have nothing to worry about then !

Thanks,
SNSHINE

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register