Question for those with fibroid experience - can fibroids cause breast tenderness? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for those with fibroid experience - can fibroids cause breast tenderness? Question for those with fibroid experience - can fibroids cause breast tenderness?

Unread 01-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Question for those with fibroid experience - can fibroids cause breast tenderness?

Hi girls
Quick history: had an endometrial ablation (EA) in June, 2005. Prior to EA, perids were heavy, lasting 10-12 days, chronic anemia. Since EA, 2-3 day periods, maybe using 3-5 regular tampons. Anemia taken care of, feeling great!! Lost 30 lbs!!

In October, I went in for my regular yearly, and the dr. had a hard time finding my right ovary. Long story short, I went for an ultrasound, saw gyn, found out I have developed fibroids sometime between EA in 2005 and ultrasound in 2007. Gyn is repeating ultrasound in March 2008 to see how fast the fibroids are growing. I have noticed some changes in my cycles since Aug/Sept. However, this month, something has changed that really has me wondering. Every month, I suffer from little bits of PMS. Usually breast tenderness, some grouchiness. I have it for a week or so before, but once the bleeding starts, the PMS symptoms go away. Well, last week I had my period, and I STILL have the breast tenderness! It hasn't gone away like it normally does. As a matter of fact, the girls are just as sore now, as they were when I was pregnant with my kids. Could this be caused by the fibroids? Anyone know?? I have had a tubal ligation in 1998, the EA in 2005, and my period last week, so pregnancy is pretty much ruled out. (Plus, I'm turning 43 next week!) So, why are the girls so sore? Anyone have any ideas? Could fibroids cause this type of side effect? Plus, I have a heck of a sore lower back the last few days, where I normally have no back problems at all.

Thoughts??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Question for those with fibroid experience - can fibroids cause breast tenderness?

Hi,

I have 2 huge fibroids that were diagnosed 3 years ago. I noticed the same thing, I have been noticing them being a lot more tender than they were when I was younger. However, I didn't really associate it with the fibroids, but it would make sense and it has been worse the last few years. I just assumed it was because I was getting older.

Unread 01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Fibroids and breast tenderness

Your doc will need to investigate the cause of your tenderness -- Be sure to alert your doc of ANY breast changes so you can thoroughly check for underlying problems. Please please please do this, along with your monthly self exams.
I have this problem, but was diagnosed with fibrocystic breast disease. But I do have a rather large fibroid. Mine will be gone after Tuesday, and I'll let you know if the girls feel better after it's gone...
Fibroids give off prostaglandins -- a chemical that acts like hormones and can cause inflammation and pain. My experience has been that all PMS symptoms were increasingly bothersome as my fibroid grew. It certainly would account for the back pain and cramping.
Here's a site that gives more details about prostaglandins http://www.endo-resolved.com/prostaglandins.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 11:51 PM

Hi Fibroids don't cause breast tenderness; however, fibroids and breast tenderness are both caused by estrogen dominance, so they tend to be associated with each other.

Have you ever tried natural progesterone cream? Many women find that it gives relief from sore breasts by balancing the 'excess' estrogen. You can read about progesterone in any of Dr. Lee's "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You..." books.

I hope this helps.
s,
-Linda
Unread 01-14-2008, 12:32 AM

I have cystic breast like sps mentioned above but only got swelling and pain once in a while. The Dr did say with cystic breast that I should avoid chocolate and caffine because it makes them worse. Talk about sacrifice! I have to have caffine and sugar so i just suffer!

Not sure if this helps but I thought I'd share!

God Bless!
Rocky Cat
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Hi

I'm having my hysterectomy because of fibroids and no I have no breast tenderness. Denise.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register