Vaginal Cuff 4.5 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Cuff 4.5 weeks post-op Vaginal Cuff 4.5 weeks post-op

Unread 08-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Vaginal Cuff 4.5 weeks post-op

I had a complete TAH 4.5 weeks ago. From the beginning I have had the same sensation that I continue to feel today. At the very end of emptying my bladder, I have discomfort/pressure on what I believe is the area of my vaginal cuff and rectum. Although what was once "pain" has now become "discomfort/pressure" at this point, I'm surprised it is still present. I also often feel like "something" is in my vagina...is this the feeling of swelling? I'm concerned at this point that it should be getting better, but I actually believe it is getting worse. How do you know if there is a vaginal prolapse going on or if the vaginal cuff is not healing properly?

Thanks for your insight --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Vaginal Cuff 4.5 weeks post-op

I totally have the exact same feeling. I am 7 days post oo. The feeling reminds me if when I have once had a dry tampon caught up there . IRS very unconfortable. I see my doc next week hoping for answers hang in there. You are not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Butterfly View Post
I had

a complete TAH 4.5 weeks ago. From the beginning I have had the same sensation that I continue to feel today. At the very end of emptying my bladder, I have discomfort/pressure on what I believe is the area of my vaginal cuff and rectum. Although what was once "pain" has now become "discomfort/pressure" at this point, I'm surprised it is still present. I also often feel like "something" is in my vagina...is this the feeling of swelling? I'm concerned at this point that it should be getting better, but I actually believe it is getting worse. How do you know if there is a vaginal prolapse going on or if the vaginal cuff is not healing properly?

Thanks for your insight --
Unread 08-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Re: Vaginal Cuff 4.5 weeks post-op

That's exactly how it feels! However, the discomfort/pressure on that area when emptying my bladder is an additional concern. I go to my doc. today for my first follow-up. I'll post what he says about it. Good luck to you, too...I found that around day 10 post-op things started to look up! Hang in there --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2011, 05:20 AM

I have similar things going on. However, I have heavy cramping/pain going on as well. I found out at my doctor appt earlier in the week that my fallopian tube found it way through the stitch at my vaginal cuff. The stitches have now healed completely around these little fingers sticking through. I now need another surgery to fix this.
There is pain/pressure/discomfort after I go to the bathroom. This is almost always a constant thing!
I hope that you get your answers you need at your doctor appt. Would you mind letting us know how things went? What is going on with me is not common!
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:42 AM

I had the same thing (and still, every now and then). My doctor said it was normal. It is the cuff healing and when you empty your bladder it kind of tugs on the cuff. My doctor pushed for me to walk A LOT after surgery. This keeps you from getting stiff and sore (inside and out) and he said I probably wasn't walking enough. Sure enough, I started walking more and the pain got better and now it is just on my lazy days that I have that feeling.

I would definitely talk to your doctor though. Everyone is different and you need to make sure that everything is healing correctly. Best of luck to you!!!
Unread 08-18-2011, 05:12 PM

Went to the doctor today. He reassured me that everything I was explaining was the normal healing process for vaginal cuffs. Mine was 90% healed and looked healthy. My stitches were still in tact and still very swollen. He did not release me, yet -- 2 more weeks, and he thinks I'll be good to go. He told me that I could still experience this sensation for weeks to follow. I'm glad to know it's "normal", but I just hope it passes quickly!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register