oops! anyone lifted something before 6 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oops! anyone lifted something before 6 weeks oops! anyone lifted something before 6 weeks

Unread 03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
oops! anyone lifted something before 6 weeks

without even thinking i lifted and carried a 19 to 20 lb. baby about an hour ago by accident. my daughter picked her up from a nap and she had a dirty diaper. as she was carrying her, it leaked all over my daughter and she was holding the baby away from her. i, instinctively, just grabbed her and told my daughter to get a towel. neither one of us were thinking, it happened so fast! anyway, at the moment it didn't bother me but as soon as i sat down and was changing her diaper i felt a pull on my right side of my belly. the pain won't go away. i took a pain pill and have a heating pad on it and i am laying in my recliner. i am resting but it hurts and when i move it hurts a little more.
does anyone have any experience with this? i have been being so careful, i can't believe it did this. i was going to call the doctor but figured i would wait and see if it subsides. any suggestions? i would appreciate whatever any of you can tell me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 03:46 PM

I would call my DR! You could have pulled a stich. I hope you feel better! Let us know how your doing, best wishes.
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I did

Well I have two dogs and one is a puppy still, he just wanted love and hugs cuz he missed me terribly. Husband said he wimpered all night while I was gone. So about a week after surgery I had picked him up one morning, because he never makes it outside in the mornings to go potty. Still potty training, so without thinking I picked him up to go outside, he is 24 pounds. Didnt feel any pain and I have been doing okay, still feel like a punching bag though on my right side, sensitive to touch.

I hope everything goes okay for you. Good luck and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 06:26 PM

I carried my upright vacuum downstairs, vacuumed, brought it back upstairs, at 4 weeks post op. I felt fine before that, then felt like crap for three days! I was lucky I didn't do any damage.
Lee-Anne
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew68
without even thinking i lifted and carried a 19 to 20 lb. baby about an hour ago by accident. my daughter picked her up from a nap and she had a dirty diaper. as she was carrying her, it leaked all over my daughter and she was holding the baby away from her. i, instinctively, just grabbed her and told my daughter to get a towel. neither one of us were thinking, it happened so fast! anyway, at the moment it didn't bother me but as soon as i sat down and was changing her diaper i felt a pull on my right side of my belly. the pain won't go away. i took a pain pill and have a heating pad on it and i am laying in my recliner. i am resting but it hurts and when i move it hurts a little more.
does anyone have any experience with this? i have been being so careful, i can't believe it did this. i was going to call the doctor but figured i would wait and see if it subsides. any suggestions? i would appreciate whatever any of you can tell me.

Justwanted to say a few months back I had a D and C and the 2nd week in picked up my baby niece without a thought...it didnt hurt at first but after I had put her down and went to sit down myself...the pain was wrenching...and that was with no stitches...so it is possible its a stitch or just the raw areas that are more sensitive right now...I am on the Post op side now by the way too one week today from a Vaginal Total Hysterectomy...I feel for ya!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register