wierd discharge Help!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

wierd discharge Help!!!! wierd discharge Help!!!!

Unread 08-30-2013, 05:29 AM
wierd discharge Help!!!!

Hi sisters,
I am a bit worried sorry if this is TMI but I have just
been to the bathroom for a pee and I have noticed a slight
discharged , which is a bright yellow , I had a TAH and also
had my cervix and both overies removed sorry if there are spelling mistakes !! I expected some discharge but the colour has freaked me out a bit. Someone plz tell me this is ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2013, 05:53 AM
Re: wierd discharge Help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keswales4 View Post
Hi sisters,
I am a bit worried sorry if this is TMI but I have just
been to the bathroom for a pee and I have noticed a slight
discharged , which is a bright yellow , I had a TAH and also
had my cervix and both overies removed sorry if there are spelling mistakes !! I expected some discharge but the colour has freaked me out a bit. Someone plz tell me this is ok.
Hey keswales,
I didn't have a discharge so won't be of much help to you, but just wanted to say hello and tell you that we are here for you and a sister who has more experience will be answering you soon. If I was to advise you, I would suggest you ring your doctor and ask about the discharge. Better to be on the safe side just in case the yellow colour means infection, especially if you develop a fever. So please speak to your doctor, keep monitoring yourself for any fever, or pain and rest as much as you can until you get to the bottom of it.

Hope you get some answers soon and take care. Keep us posted and hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:34 AM

Hi selias,
Thank you so much for your reply, I have did as you advised and I call my doctor, he has asked to see me straight away so I have an appointment for this afternoon. I will keep you posted. sending hugs x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Hi selias,
Thank you so much for your reply, I have did as you advised and I call my doctor, he has asked to see me straight away so I have an appointment for this afternoon. I will keep you posted. sending hugs x x
Good girl princess!!!!!!!! No better person to ask than him and you'll be confident that you are on the right track. Write all your concerns down on some paper and take it with you. It's easier to remember all your questions when you can read them off...and keep asking until you understand what he's saying and you are satisfied that he has answered all your concerns to your satisfaction. Yes please do keep us posted and good luck beautiful girl!!!!!
Hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM

Hi sisters,
Well it's not good news sisters, doctor was very concerned.
She gave me an internal examination and took a swab test,
On inspection she says that I have a lot of discharge and it looks very inflamed inside!!! Needless to say I am gutted.
The swab has been sent for tests and I am back on the
antibiotics and penicillin. On the plus side iv got great support at home and on this site. Thanks for your great
advice sister. Sending hugs x x x
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:42 PM

Aww, you poor sister.... The Penicillin should clear up the infection. I had an infection following my miscarriage back in 2011. I bled from September 11th to December 17th I was put on a steroid to stop the bleeding. and then i had my first period following the miscarriage through the new year.... Blech...what a way to ring in 2012... lol But 2012 ended on a good note and i had a healthy baby girl on September 14th..

My infection i was passing globs of green mucous and i told the dr (OB) this and they brushed it off. I went to see my PCP the following day and i had Bacterial Vaginosis and was put on an antibiotic
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Hi sisters,
Well it's not good news sisters, doctor was very concerned.
She gave me an internal examination and took a swab test,
On inspection she says that I have a lot of discharge and it looks very inflamed inside!!! Needless to say I am gutted.
The swab has been sent for tests and I am back on the
antibiotics and penicillin. On the plus side iv got great support at home and on this site. Thanks for your great
advice sister. Sending hugs x x x
Hey beautiful girl,
Saturday morning here in Oz and just read your post. So sorry to hear the news dear heart but you were right on the ball and listened to your body and followed it through and had it seen to as quickly as possible. You are AWESOME and a great roll model to our sisters!!!!!!
I know it's not easy to be told you've had a setback, but you are being looked after and in the best possible hands both professionally and emotionally...and it's all going to be GOOD!. The antibiotics will put you back on track to recovery and you will feel better very soon.
Just remember to take it easy, rest and let yourself be pampered. The more you rest, the better for your healing.
Take care sweet girl and continued smooth healings to you.
Keep us updated on your progress please...need to make sure you're listening to doctor's orders and not being too cheeky!....oh, and eat chocolate!
Hugs galore, princess and take care, xoxo.
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:34 PM

Sorry to hear about the infection, but glad to hear that you followed up on it so quickly.

Hopefully you're feeling better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register