I've Got The Libido Blues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've Got The Libido Blues I've Got The Libido Blues

Unread 09-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I've Got The Libido Blues

Hello friends,

I come to you today with a heavy heart. My hyst was in 2000, with the final overy removed in 2006. My libido has been gone since my hyst and the orgasims are few and VERY far between, and when they do happen I'm left wondering if I even had one.
I feel it is my duty as a wife to "please" my husband, but it so hard to make myself get in the mood so most of the time I just go through the motions thinking of what household chores are needing to be done. This is so unfair to him and a major dissapointment for me. And on those very rare occations that I am in the mood I can't reach "that point" Then I cry, I am literaly in tears.
My doc refuses to try me on any HRT, due to my history of endo. I can almost feel myself sipping into a major depression. I feel like there is no hope for me. Eventhough my husband is a patient and loving man I feel so guilty because I don't feel his need's are being met, nor mine for that matter.

What can I do????? I'm begging for ANY advice or suggestions at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Re: I've Got The Libido Blues

Do you think you would be allowed a little testosterone? I had endo cancer 4 years ago and had a TAH/BSO and was not allowed estrogen.After about 18 months I was in your situation-I was heartbroken with no prospect of a return of my sex drive. I asked my doctor if I could try testosterone. It is the hormone responsible for libido and it helped me get mine back without any estrogen.
There have been trials done in Australia of women in surgical menopause who can't or don't wish to take estrogen where they used topical testosterone and the results were good.Here is the link

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/healthrepor...08/2413463.htm

I was recently given the all clear from my cancer and offered estrogen replacement. However it made me feel very ill so I am still using just testosterone when I feel I need it but now I use a little vaginal estrogen which increases libido even more.
In addition to helping with libido testosterone is great for lifting depression and increasing energy. It could be just what you need.
I hope you would be allowed to try it. You should not have to live half a life.
Good luck

uk lady
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:23 PM

I'm one year post op - my oncological gynocologist allow me to use topical bio-identical estrogen and testosterone to address my low libido. I only use a 'smidge' of estrogen every 3-5 mornings and a 'smear' of the testosterone every 2-3 evenings. My body didn't need much to get me back to enjoying sex again.
Best of luck and blessings to you!
Unread 09-13-2009, 04:51 PM

Tommysgal,

I hear you. I feel your distress. I too, am having trouble in the libido department. My doctor is working with me to get it kickstarted again.

What you need is a new doctor. I had wall to wall, stage IV, glued everything together endo and I am taking hormones and tolerating it well. My doctor explained to me that as long as I took progesterone along with the estrogen, it would keep the endo in check.

So go out and find yourself a doctor who understands that sex is an important part of your life.

My gyne doctor started me on hormones on the day of my operation. My GP has been working with me to make adjustments so that I feel part of the real world again. Every doctor has areas in which they are comfortable. Find a doctor who has experience with endo and HRT. It can be done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register