Thankful for no migraines after hysterectomy :D | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thankful for no migraines after hysterectomy :D Thankful for no migraines after hysterectomy :D

Unread 06-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Thankful for no migraines after hysterectomy :D

Prior to my surgery in April, I was seriously worried that I would have more problems with migrainespost op. I was diagnosed with them @8y/o. I know that every case is different, but the last migraine I had was the day of surgery. I can't remember the last time I haven't had less than three a month. I wasn't able to find many optimistic migraine reports prior to my surgery. They may come back as time goes on, but quite honestly, any day without one is a good day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Re: Thankful for no migraines after hysterectomy :D

I'm very happy for you!!!

I also suffer from migraines (average 14 a month). I am hoping by having a hysterectomy my migraines will decrease or stop.
I have had about 3 mild ones since my surgery day.

I was wondering did you have your ovaries removed?? I kept mine, and I think that's why I'm still getting mild headaches.
Unread 06-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Thankful for no migraines after hysterectomy :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by angee44 View Post
I'm very happy for you!!!

I also suffer from migraines (average 14 a month). I am hoping by having a hysterectomy my migraines will decrease or stop.
I have had about 3 mild ones since my surgery day.

I was wondering did you have your ovaries removed?? I kept mine, and I think that's why I'm still getting mild headaches.
I did have my ovaries removed. I had one removed @ 30 due to a dermoid cyst. My hysterectomy was to remove the last one that had developed a cyst as well. I hope your migraines stop! I'd been through biofeedback, meditation, maxalt, imitrex & most recently nortryptaline (sp?) to manage them. Hormone therapy prior to surgery helped somewhat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2014, 03:54 PM

I am glad yours went away! I had migraines regularly from 8 yrs old until I got pregnant at 23, varying in frequency (they were near daily in college when I sucked at avoiding triggers). After my ablation Jan 2013, I started getting them each month on my period, a first for me, 3 or 4 times a week until the bleeding stopped, which was ten to thirty days. So, since that ssurgery shouldn't have screwed up my hormones like that, I'm hoping the hysterectomy fixes that even though I kept my ovaries.
Unread 06-23-2014, 01:15 PM

I'm so jealous. I have suffered for years and perimenopause made them even worse. About 3 years into it, they started to get better and then I had my surgery. First three weeks were ok but now I am back to daily migraines. I wish I had stuck with daily cramps and not had the surgery at this point.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register