Post-op visit + 3 wk post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op visit + 3 wk post-op Post-op visit + 3 wk post-op

Unread 05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Post-op visit + 3 wk post-op

Well, the Dr will not release me to work even 1/2 time to work after 2 ws (TAH-abdominal with complications) and I have to say I am soooo relieved! He said he would rather I wait the full 6 wks but may consider after 3-4 post-op, he stressed the may! My husband was not realy happy, only cause of finances. I only had 63 hours built up

I just called the Dr, now because I can't believe how much pain I am still in! I know what several told me, but Really!!! And I am taking 2 stool softeners a day and still not regular and it hurts so bad when I do go or if I even pass gas!!!

I just got off the phone with the nurse and she said she will talk with the Dr but can tell me now I am doing way too much. I told her I don't have much choice. My husband is on mandatory OT and I saw him yesterday for about an hr! I didn't tell her I am driving! But someone has to get the kids where they need to go! We have 2 kids and our oldest is pre-teen and does not like to help out in anyway! I may have to bribe her with money. The nurse said it will take me a lot longer to recover if I keep this up.

My husband had an exhibit thing he wanted to show us in a bigger town away (an hr away, where I had my suregery) on Sat and then he wanted to quick go to the mall to do this and quick do this. I am really, really paying for all of that!! I couldn't even sleep due to the pain for the first 2 nights! I had a bit more sleep last night, but not much! I don't know how to make him understand that I am Not better yet!! I have tried telling him. He is also not here much.

I am so ready to give up...well not really, just figuratively! I just don't know what to do. I am sooo tired but can't sleep and the pain pills don't seem to work anymore!

I have one friend who offered to help, well 2, but how can I keep asking. One lives in another town and the other one is in her late 60's. I just can't ask them. I don't know what to do. We are living in a new town, so I don't know a lot of people yet. My mother in law is here, but that is a whole other story!

I wish my Mom was alive, she would be here in a flash!! Ok, I better stop. The crying just keeps happening!

Thanks for listening, it helps to vent. My little beagle is my truest campanion!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Re: Post-op visit + 3 wk post-op

Youd be better off to feel a little quilty to ask your friends for help or you could really set yourself back for longer.....Im off for 5-6 weeks with NO finances coming in except for hubby's but Im not going to push myself to get back to work and totally set myself up for possible set back for even longer or complications.....Maybe have your husband talk to the doctor or nurse so they can stress to him the importance of you resting and getting better so you can get back to work..I wish you well and I hope you get someone to help you....even a niehgbor to get your kids to school or something.....that helps. Good luck and get well
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:05 PM

Thanks! I know I have to do something. I am going to have to be more stern, that's for sure. Not really my nature, but better get that way I guess!

My 63 hours is looking a little better! Good luck with your recovery as well! I really thought they were exaggerating when they said 6 wks, but have learned differently since!

Good luck to you and thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2011, 12:44 PM

Hello! So sorry to hear u r having a hard time. I suggest u show your husband this website or order the free hyster. book called what 100,000 women know about hysterectormy. It is pretty simple & explains week to week what u should or shouldn't do. i paid a small fee to get it in 2 days. Also to have him have a chat with ypour dr. But I know how some men can be! Also maybe suggest to your dr. if u should take 3 stool softeners instead of 2. Are u drinking lots of water? You should also try to explain to your preteen how important it is to help you. Give her 2 or 3 things to do a day or no luxury privileges. Family should be there for each other. Well, I wish u much luck and especially hope u feel better day by day! Hang in there!
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:55 PM

Thanks! I am sooo tired after having that stupid crying jag now! I know I have to get firmer with my preteen but lately I just don't have the energy. I like the idea of the no luxuries, maybe that would eliminate some of the fight.

I am waiting for a call back from the doc on the softeners. I keep trying to drink more water, but, ugh, how much does a person need to drink! And it still hurts to pee - not as bad, so I hate increasing that. I had afew complications with the adhsesions from the endometriosis and that my rt ovary was in my intestines...that is why my bowels are so messed up! I hope he comes back with some good suggestions!

I did suggest the website to my husband but that didn't go over so well. I told him how much I love it and how much info I have found on it. Thank goodness there was a section about intercourse!! I read some of those incidents to him so he fully understood that!

I'm going to try talking to him again tonight and after the doc calls.

Thank you! I really appreciate the support Hystersisters has offered me and hope to one day pass it on!!
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Okay, first of all be careful about driving if you don't have medical clearance, as you may not be covered by insurance should something happen (God forbid, but you never know). Secondly, print out the guidelines from the website and post them somewhere prominent so your husband can see them. Some people have even resorted to showing their husband their surgery on you-tube.
Thirdly, accept all offers of help from any and all friends and acquaintances! Are you a member of a church that could put the word out? Can you contact neighbors or schoolmates parents about driving your kids to mutual activities, promising to reciprocate when you are better?
Fourthly, there is no time like the present for your pre-teen to start helping - and that shouldn't stop once you are better. If she has no clothes because she didn't put them in the wash and they aren't clean, oh, well.
Use paper plates and take out food without guilt. The nurse is right - you will land back in the hospital if you continue on the way you are going.
Please take care of yourself now and stay healthy.
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:46 PM

Thanks! I will have to find those guidelines. I have been thru this a few times already but doesn't seem to get anywhere. Very frustrating. But I am still very tired and very sore almost like it is the first week again! I know things have to change. I just have to figure out how.

My husband is home tonight and catching up on the dishes and laundry. I didn't do them even thou it was really bothering me. But I really had no energy to do them. And he had our pre-teen sort it all out. She never argued with him once!! He is giving her some $ to help her earn like she wants. I have brought that up but she shrugs me off.

I really don't want to end up back in the hospital, nor do I want to be in this pain anymore. It is exhausting.

I appreciate your suggestions and will look for those guidelines right away! Maybe "writen word" would be better!??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register