Spasms??? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Spasms???

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem? The last several days I've had sharp shooting pains that come and go in the "BM" area, and last night the same thing again except I also had spasm that contracted my bladder, then got a shot of pain in the "BM" area again What is this? I'm almost 4 weeks post-op and I havent had any problems going to the bathroom, and I try and drink plenty of water. Any thoughts would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Spasms???

If you feel you are eating plenty of fruits and veggies, walking, and drinking plenty of water, and continue to have pains, then I would let my dr know about the pain. The sooner the dr knows and can treat the sooner you will have relief.

I hope you feel better soon and it is only temporary thing.

s
Unread 11-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Spasms???

I was having spasms from my surgury date till I started taking a low dose of Diazepam (also known as Valium) I am only on 5mg...but 1/2 a pill works as well and I take 1/2 twice a day and keep the spasms away. I had to do this after my Jan bladder TVT as well. Call your doctor...don't suffer needlessly.
Trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Spasms???

I had those for 4 weeks post-op. They just now finally went away at 5 weeks. I was told that they have to do with the internal stitches being so close to the rectum. When something passes through that area (gas & waste) it puts pressure on the healing area, which causes pain.

I have small pains once in a while, but nothing in the bm area any more. I hope that your experience goes away as quickly as mine did.

But, I agree with the others, maybe a call to your Dr. would help alleviate any questions you may have.

Mellybug
Unread 11-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Spasms???

Thanks to all my hystersisters who responded! I had a small set back but things are a little better. I couldnt get to the computer until today. I'm shocked to learn that there could be stiches in that area!!! If things arent better soon, I will call the doctor. It's nice to know there are women out there that have some of the same weird things happen in this time of adjustment....thanks again!!

Michelle

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register