two months...... still feel not so good | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

two months...... still feel not so good two months...... still feel not so good

Unread 11-12-2006, 02:38 PM
two months...... still feel not so good

well i guess im feeling a lot better than i did a month ago but by the end of the day i am wiped out and the other day i started hurting really bad...felt like a lot of pressure down there, i kept my cervix and it felt like something was pushing on it...i don't know what that could be...i think maybe im over doing it a bit i was only supposed to start off slow at work but then bam...i was at 49 hours first week......i don't know but i do know this..ladies if your doctor says 8 weeks off..please take my advice and take the whole 8 weeks
love, sacha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2006, 04:14 PM

I'm right there with you. My surgery was on the same day as yours and I've had such a hard time recovering. I went to church today for the first time in two months and about fainted from the standing, then pains from the sitting. It sounds like you are working alot more hours than me. I try not to complain, but it seems like things are good for a few days, then wam! I'm ready for bed again. I'm used to being very active and working very hard - I was soooo not prepared for the recovery I have had. Hopefully we will both be feeling better again soon. Good Luck!
_______
TVH w/bladder/rectocile repairs, age 49
Unread 11-12-2006, 04:55 PM

Hi Sachak,

I had a LSH. I had similar feelings around my cervix for several weeks post-op. I called them healing twinges. I just took some over-the-counter tylenol if there was too much discomfort. The twinges finally went away.

Best wishes,

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2006, 07:07 PM

Sacha,
I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. While I feel so very much better than I have for months and I am so glad I had surgery it is taking time for me to heal. I too am back to work and I work ten hour shifts with no way to shorten the hours so I am still sore enough to take ultram twice a day but am working on weaning off of them again. I had a really rough week last week and was back up to taking them 3 times a day and even went and saw my doc. Once I found out I was okay and it was just basically my healing process I started weaning myself back off the med. I think though all in all I am recovering well and my doc says I am healing great so I am encouraged. Everything I have read says it takes six months to a year to really heal so I cant wait to see how I feel in 6 months.
Val
Unread 11-12-2006, 08:44 PM

My incision is great and everything seems fine except this swelly belly. It started about 10 days post op. My friend who is an RN is checking some texts. She thinks it is possible the lymph system was insulted during surgery, and that swelly belly is a result. Anyone know more about possible lymph interruption?
Unread 11-12-2006, 10:16 PM

i can relate to you all, im back to work 2 days this week feel rearly tied late afternoon and worked 3 days last week
and pain on the left and right side i havnt lifted i think it just heeling i had the ovarys removed
I must say i feel heeps better this week, and im week 8 of recovery and guys we are only days apart from when you had your surgerys
oh i carnt wait till im 6 months and not hurting in any way, im praying
good luck to you all
Dianne
Unread 11-13-2006, 05:48 AM

dear sister,
i can't wait till its been six months too, i can say; however, that i am a whole lot better than before the surgery. i don't regret it one bit. i had two very large fibroids and i had to have the abdominal surgery. today i feel ok but its gonna be another long day at work....so when i get home i will probably feel like ive been hit by a bus..lol. i am so glad to know that what i have been feeling is normal. i am so blessed to have found this site and i wish all my sisters the best
love, sacha
Unread 11-13-2006, 11:03 AM

Thank you Ladies for sharing still lol. You all have helped me to feel normal! I too have days I hurt on both sides still. Sometimes I feel like I'm back at week 3. 6 months eh? Thats not too far away ~Anju

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register