I'm only 27 and just had a Hysterectomy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm only 27 and just had a Hysterectomy I'm only 27 and just had a Hysterectomy

Unread 11-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm only 27 and just had a Hysterectomy

Hi
I am just wondering if there are any Women out there who are under 30 and have had a Hyster or can't have anymore kids.

I had mine 8 weeks ago and I am not coping with it at all. Tears are constant. I have seen a Grief Counceller today, she seemed to think she can help me. I hope so!!!!

I have had 3 miscarriages over 6 years ago and the heartache is coming back strong since my Hytser, I miss my babies..

I had to have my Hyster, I had no choice. I am very lucky tho I have an AMAZING 9 year old boy and a wonderful dh.

I would love to chat online with women from HysterSisters. It seems we are all here to help each other. I hope one day I can help someone in any way I can. Even if it's just a Cyber

If anyone can help please post back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2006, 10:17 PM

s

Am so happy to hear you are now healing physically, and working with a grief therapist.

I know there are a few near your age, and hope they come along and share. Take care, Princess...............s......Deb
Unread 11-12-2006, 10:18 PM

LOTS of them to you! I am 38 so I am no help, but I too was only able to have one child. I worked very hard to have her (she is just 3) and consider her a wonderful blessing! Remember, there are so many local children out there that can use your love and support. I want to foster when my daughter is older..maybe around 8 or so. And do you know that adoption of an older child (not an infant) in most places is Free if you adopt a child who has somehow been listed under "special needs" And here are some of the things that put them there: mixed race (who cares!), TWINS! That is something to check into in the future if you care to.

I am an assistant at a mental health/play therapy clinic so I fully believe in the power of counseling to heal. If you don't feel a "fit" with your therapist please ask for someone else until you do. They can make a world of difference to you!

Hang in there and keep on posting here to get your feelings out. Things will get better for you! Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2006, 10:34 PM

Hi,
I am 33, so I don't know if I qualify. I just had a hysterectomy after an 11 year battle with endometriosisis, adenomyosis, and fibroid tumors. We will be finalizing the adoption of an amazing 10 year old next month.
I understand your pain and your grief. Please don't let anyone tell you that just because you already have one child, you shouldn't be grieving the others, or even the ones who will never be.
We spent 5 years and thousands of dollars before we were told that I would never be able to have another child naturally. It took me another 3 years of living in constant pain to come to terms with it, and do what needed to be done years ago. I praise your strength for having your surgery. Your child will thank you for it later, but please, open your heart to the possibility that you will have other children, they just won't be from your womb.
Trust me, the love you feel for them is just as strong.
Unread 11-12-2006, 10:47 PM

Emma33!! Congrats on the adoption!! I have a *very* special place in my heart seeing I was adopted (as an infant though) and see nothing wrong with it. Being adopted I know how it means nothing that you did not carry that child, because you carry them in your heart. I felt Extra special because I was chosen by someone! God Bless you for taking someone who needed you into your lives and hearts. I can't wait for the chance to do it myself!!
Unread 11-12-2006, 11:16 PM

I am so sorry for all the pain you are enduring. I too am very young to have had a hysterectomy (I'm only 20). I also had no choice but to have the surgery due to endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain and severely dialated blood vessels. I've had multiple surgeries in the past including laparoscopies, pelviscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C. I am very blessed to have a beautiful three year old daughter, just as you are blessed to have your child.
I hope you are able to find strength and comfort during this difficult time. You are sincerely in my thoughts and I wish you the best of luck.
- Jeni
Unread 11-12-2006, 11:56 PM

I am so sorry for the emotional pain you are enduring and the pain you have endured in the past and hope that your counseling sessions are helpful to you. Many, many s to you during this difficult time!
Unread 11-13-2006, 05:13 AM

oh...i am so sorry for what you youngin's are having to deal with. a hysterectomy is hard at any age, but you are both so young. just listen to your own hearts and stay strong....loss is loss...and this is a huge loss...you must grieve and don't let anyone tell you how to grieve or how long to grieve. please know that we are all here to hug you through it all....our health is the most important thing in the world and we must do whatever is necessary to stay healthy....but it does hurt in your heart to lose such a big part of yourself at any age...but we are women....and that in itself makes us strong and we can endure.
Unread 11-13-2006, 05:39 AM

s
It is a shame to have to go through this at such a young age. True it isnt easy for any of us, but I don't think I could have handled it 10 or 15 years ago.

You will find the strength to get through it. Come here to get all the s you need in the meantime.

Ru
Unread 11-13-2006, 06:03 AM

I'm sending you a because even though I'm older than you (I'm 38) I know what you're going through. DH and I have no children. I always thought that if it was God's will I would have a child, but God had a different plan for me. You've experienced a terrible loss and I'm glad you're seeking counseling for yourself. Sometimes we just aren't able to cope by ourselves and we need a little help. It's okay to grieve for what you've lost. Grieving is a process and it takes time, but eventually you will overcome this hurdle in your life. Take time and count your blessings. I never really took a good look at all the blessings God has given me in my life until my surgery and was surprised at how much he has given me. And the first blessing he has given me is that I don't have cancer. I had no way to prepare myself for this operation. I went to the ER one day with pain in my right side and found out, BAM, I had a growth and needed to have this surgery. Unfortunately I got very sick and my surgery had to be postponed for a month and in that short bit of time the growth that was the size of a softball grew to the size of a football. So regardless of age, we have all been there. There are some who have had many children and there are some who have no children. There are many who had many problems and had to have this surgery and I'm sure there are some out there like me who never had a problem and then one day they did. We are all here for you, regardless of how old or how young we are. We'll give you any support you need. I found a new friend here on this website. I never would have met this wonderful person if it wasn't for this site. So that's another blessing I count.

I'm sorry you're in such pain right now. I wish I could give you a hug in person, but a cyber hug will have to do. I'm here if you want to talk as well as many others. Take care of yourself and get the help you need. We'll be here waiting for you when you need us. After all, that's what sisters are for. Loads of love being sent your way.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register