Help! Emotional wreck! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! Emotional wreck! Help! Emotional wreck!

Unread 09-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Help! Emotional wreck!

I am 26 years old and had a total hystectomy 8.28.8 I was ok the first couple weeks. Then the last week i have been really depressed, mood swings, nightmares. I am usually a social butterfly but lately i feel like a different person and wanting to be so distant. The doctor took my uterus and both ovaries. Due to having endometriosis he put me on progestrone injections for the next three months. Anyone else using this? I am trying to figure out if it is the progestrone injections or just from having everything taken out. And most importantly... any suggestions of things that may help or light at the end of the tunnel??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Help! Emotional wreck!

Hi, Shelly,

I felt the exact same way a few weeks after my surgery last December. I felt fine in the beginning, but later I too was an emotional WRECK! I have kept my ovaries, but the surgery still put me into a terrible depression and everything else you mentioned. I really should have told my doctor, but for some reason, I just couldn't. I know, stupid. I am telling you that because I urge you to tell your doctor how you are feeling emotionally. I regret that I didn't. But the good news is, those feelings eventually lifted a few weeks later and have not returned. I hope that it's the same way for you.

Sending you happy thoughts.
Kel
Unread 09-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Help! Emotional wreck!

Thank you for your input! I did tell my doctor and he just blows me off and kinda says i justhave to deal with it. Easy for him to say huh! I am glad to hear after a few weeks they lifted for you. I hope they do me. I return to work in 2 weeks and i know if i feel like i do now there is no way i can work all the time.

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Help! Emotional wreck!

If your surgeon won't help you, schedule a visit with your GP. My GP helped me with things that my surgeon was clueless about.
Unread 09-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Help! Emotional wreck!

Shelly,

Is this your OB-GYN with such wonderful support"get over it," or your GP? Maybe a call to the other would be an appropriate step, and if the answer is the same don't be afraid to ask why you shouldn't have some temporary relief ??

Good Luck. Sometimes you have to take control of your own progress. You know how you feel...

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register