Post-op infection and pressure sores!!! - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op infection and pressure sores!!! Post-op infection and pressure sores!!!

Unread 04-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Re: Post-op infection and pressure sores!!!

I am sorry you are having a difficult time. I had an incision that was intentionally opened due to hematomas. The incision was irrigated and packed and I was given instructions on how to do this myself at home. The incision was intentionally left open to heal from the inside out. It was not a pleasant experience. But it did eventually heal and I followed the doc's instructions to the letter.

I hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2012, 12:52 AM

A quick follow-up. I've been packing the wound daily at home and going for weekly visits to the office. I did finally see the doctor and he explained to me that without insurance there isn't much they can do for me at this point besides weekly wound care. The wound is healing nicely and the infection appears to have cleared...no more fevers, redness or swelling. I have one more follow-up visit in 2 weeks and they will continue to manage my pain until then but after that I am basically on my own. Waiting for state funded medical to be approved as I do have other health issues that were not remedied by the surgery. My kidneys appear to be malfunctioning and looking back it seems I have had these symptoms for quite some time but they assumed it was all related to the fact that I had a football sized mass on my ovary. Final pathology report is benign thank God but I feel I am back at square one trying to figure out what is causing all my pain and other symptoms. It is exactly one month post-op for me and I am beginning to experience menopausal symptoms but they are mild thus far. The pressure sores are healing as well but I still have a mild loss of sensation in my heels. I swear I could be a nurse with all the wound care and Ostomy care I've had to do on myself over the years. I went to school for medical assisting years ago but unfortunately my only experience in the field is as a patient. I am also applying for disability. After 8 surgeries my body seems to have had enough. I am so exhausted and in so much pain that I am unsure I will ever be able to work again. Thank you ladies for all your comments and I hope this reply finds you well. xoxo
Unread 05-03-2012, 06:27 AM

Thanks for the update and good luck with your insurance, disability, doctor, and healing issues.Many Hugs!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register