Pain on belly above incision 2 weeks post hysterectomy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain on belly above incision 2 weeks post hysterectomy Pain on belly above incision 2 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 08-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Pain on belly above incision 2 weeks post hysterectomy

2 wks post-op abdominal surgery. My belly is swollen above incision and it is very sensitive to touch. The belly feels hard. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2016, 03:16 PM
Re: Pain on belly above incision

The tummy swelling has a nickname and it's own emoji - swelly belly ! It's what brought me to this site. We've had major surgery with lots of internal incisions that we can't see. If you think of any injury (broken arm, sprained ankle, burn), fluids gather around the inflammation as a part of the healing process. It's what happens to many of us around our tummies post surgery. Sometimes it's nothing more than daily living which makes it worse, and as we heal we seem to notice it more in the evenings. Here's an article where you can read more: Tummy Care - Swelly Belly. My favorite line is So, you ask, "How do I get rid of it?" You don't. It has to go away on it's own. Best thing when it got the better of me was to rest in a reclining position, allowing both my back, tummy and core to relax.

My doctor said by week 8 I should notice it less and I did, but I'd still get it when I resumed an activity for the first time, or did something which really used my core. (At 3 months I still get evenings where it rests across my middle!) You're not alone, and yes, it will get better!
Unread 08-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Pain on belly above incision 2 weeks post hysterectomy

Thank you for the quick reply. This site is the best and very helpful. I was getting a little worried there due to the sensitivity in this area, but I just need to be patient and take it easy. Thanks again.:friend

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register