LAVH..kept ovaries..anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH..kept ovaries..anyone else? LAVH..kept ovaries..anyone else?

Unread 06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
LAVH..kept ovaries..anyone else?

I'm going to start off saying I feel alone here. Everybody had TAH's. I feel like my belly is huge and I only had the small lap incisions. Anybody else? If you look at me head on..fine, from the side I look 6 mos preg. I will say that I went back to my normal routine after about 10 days. No choice with a 3 year old & 6 mo old. Also.. have had "you know" once a week since week 1! I really hope I didnt mess something up...hubby doesnt understand. I feel ok though. My back hurts and I get crampy here & there. But nothing like the first few days.

32 YO MOTHER OF 2,ENDO & MAJOR SCAR TISSUE..LAVH KEPT MY OVARIES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2006, 01:10 PM

I had a lavh and kept my ovaries. My belly didn't go down for 10 weeks but I'm very thin so it's more noticeable. There's alot of healing going on inside of you. I would look great in the morning but swell by early to mid-afternoon. The more activity the larger the belly swelling.

Please allow yourself time to heal inside. You'll be back to your old self soon enough. I suspect you're swelling from lifting the children. This too shall pass!
Unread 06-07-2006, 02:38 PM

If by "you know" you mean sex, I hope that you will go back to your dr and have a checkup. Even with the LAVH, they were very adament with me about nothing in there fore 6 weeks. They won't even let me take a tub bath or go swimming!
I understand about the swelling, I have that also. It is very frustrating since the clothes I put on in the morning don't fit after lunch. I've resorted to elastic waists or draw strings.
I don't know how you do it taking care of the little ones. I have to nap most afternoons because I simply run out of energy. I'll be glad to share anything else if you have questions, just ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2006, 03:33 PM

I also had LAVH back on March 14th. I still have the swollen belly. When I get dress in the moring my belly will look normal but by the time I get ready for bed I look preg. I have been told this normal but I will be glade when it is over. I also have very sore breast. I wonder if anyone else has had this. I have read where some have had after surgery but mine just started. I also agree about the you know what. You do need to go tothe doctor and be checked.
Unread 06-07-2006, 06:27 PM

I think you need to talk to your dr. I had the LAVH and kept my ovaries. However I was not up and about at one week, nor was I having sex at one week. Both of those activities can affect how well you heal which is why drs ask that you refrain from both of them for awhile.

Are you able to have someone come in and help around the house and with your children? Have you spoke with your DH about how you have many internal stiches and that if you do not heal right there can be long lasting results to your body and health?

If you are able, have your dr talk to your DH as well, or at least write a prescription for what you can and can not do and stick it on the fridge. You only have one chance to heal right, and if you don't, your recovery could be extended for a very long time.

We do have a site geared toward men and others around us. You and your DH might want to check out Mister Hyster Sisters.

Many best wishes to you and please talk to your dr.
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Carried Away

I had a LAVH 4 weeks ago. My bf and I have tried the usual accepted methods of intimacy. Last night I let him go further, because I felt ready. It was all me. It didn't really hurt like I thought it would. We did stop, though, because he worried about hurting me. Today I really don't feel any different, but I have a faint pink discharge similar to what I had the first week after surgery. I am going to take it easy today even though I have had this discharge off and on over the last 4 weeks. That is normal right. Apparently, my male hormones have taken over, because I am more sexually aroused than he is. (lol)
Orgasms have been very minimal in spite of my arousal. My mom, my two sons, and I are going away for the weekend. I wasn't going to see him for about 4 days so I must have gotten caught up in the moment.
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:52 AM

I had an LAVH back in 2000, and I would d*****ately stop having sex untill your doc clears it. And yes it's normal to still be sore, espeically since you are chasing after a 3 year old. best of luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register