cramp in side? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cramp in side? cramp in side?

Unread 03-28-2005, 11:32 AM
cramp in side?

I know exactly what you mean. I TVH on March 9. I had a "runners" pain in my right side until Saturday. Woke up yesterday and "poof" it was gone. I feel great now. I am still taking it easy as I want to make sure I have no setbacks. Just keep in mind if yours gets better that things are still healing and we still need to take it easy. The way I felt yesterday that would be so easy to forget. Take care all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2005, 03:42 PM
cramp in side?

Hi Sweater1:

I agree with everyone here. I too have had pain (cramp-like)
on the right side. My Dr. said it was due to basically what has been said here- There's alot of pulling/moving/rearranging going on internally when we have this procedure. Also there are many nerves that get irritated. This can cause all kinds of aches/pains
and twinges. I also have struggled with bowel pain (gas pains).
This has somewhat improved with Metamucil (natural fiber, not a stimulant) along with a plain stool softner. Moving around without overdoing it also helps with the gas pain. For example short walks, whatever you can tolerate. Finally something I have learned from everyone here, is DON'T OVERDO IT. When I have pushed things too far the side pain has come back or intensified and then gets better with rest. So hopefully you will be feeling better soon. Trust me, it does get better day by day, but there can be snags along the way. This is what is great about this board. Of course Im sure you know, if things change or become worse it is best to check with your surgeon.
My best to you in your recovery!

Judith
Unread 04-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Left Side Cramping

Hi Ladies,

I have had the same thing that many of you are describing. It feels like a runner's cramp/achy/like a knot (or like a squeezing fist) comes up in my side for no reason. I have noticed that if I do "too much" or am up and about too long, that this "cramp" comes back. I had a TAH on 2/21/05 and just went for my 6 week checkup today. I asked the doctor about this aching cramping feeling in my left side. He said that it is the bowel that might be inflammed. He said that is the bowel area that I was complaining about. I am not having trouble with bowel movements at all and haven't since I came home from the hospital. My right side feels totally normal. Now if I could just get this left side to feel normal. The doctor said to take ibuprofen or motrin. I also put the heating pad on it, but it seems to make it feel worse. I have had this pain since week 4. Yesterday (Apr 4) was my 6 week from surgery date. My doctor didn't really seem concerned about it as much as I am. I feel the cramping pain, and he doesn't! Is this normal? What can I do to make this feel better?? Can anyone help? THANK YOU!
Unread 04-05-2005, 08:51 PM
cramp in side?

Yup, ditto. Comes and goes. I still have it happen to me...and I am about 2 1/2 mos. post-TVH-BSO. My doc said things inside there get upset and it takes awhile for them to settle down. I do fine when I am running and so forth, but later on in the day, I get this sometimes and also the swelly - which I think just means I've over-done it slightly and need to rest...

your body -- listen to it... rest when you get a little quirk, then try again...

Unread 04-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Left side cramping

Thanks for your reply Ellen (West Texas)

Oddly enough, today (April 6) I have not had the achy left side cramping, after really having it bad yesterday. It does come and go. Sometimes I feel really good for 2 or 3 days then that left side cramping comes back for a day or two. It really does seem to act up when I have "done too much". You are right - our bodies will tell us when we have done too much. I am just glad to know that this is happening to others, and that I am not alone with this side cramping.

I have had the "swelly-belly" also. It make me look 7 months pregnant. It is not bad in the morinng at all, but by the evening, it is full blown! I almost can't stand anything around my stomach at that point - even large sweat pants. I am new to this site, and have been reading a lot the past week. It is a very informative site! I have read where the "swelly-belly" is just another one of those things that we have to deal with. I was told (by my gyno) that it was gas inside of my body that builds up all day long. The type of gas that we can't just pass!! He was saying it is gas within our body cavity.

Missy (6 weeks out of surgery now)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register