I'm a newbie here... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a newbie here... I'm a newbie here...

Unread 05-05-2001, 10:29 AM
I'm a newbie here...

Hello ladies, I am scheduled for a TVH on the 16th
of may.My doc says I have vaginal protrution, because my uterus is not being supported anymore.I had a 10.1lbs baby boy and a 9.10 baby girl, doc said thats why I'm so torne up inside.
I would like to hear some of your stories good and bad, and any helpful hints on keeping my cool and not getting to nervouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2001, 10:43 AM
I'm a newbie here...

Hello,
I am fairly new here also, but I wanted to welcome you to the site and let you know that I could relate to having big babies :-). I had a 10lb 11oz girl and a 9lb 11 oz girl! I am having a hysterectomy on the 22nd for adenomyosis and cystic ovaries. Again welcome to the site.
Best Wishes,
Deena
Unread 05-05-2001, 12:11 PM
I'm a newbie here...

Hi There, I am so Glad that you found this WonderfulSite! It is so informative and the Ladies here are so nice! You can come here and vent when you need to and they always support you! Here is a little about my story, I had a TAH on Feb 20th.I didnt find this wonderful website until the morning of my Surgery.The best thing to do is talk with you Doctor and let him or her know your concerns and fears before the surgery!!I went in the Castle on a tuesday for surgery and was released on friday. I have 0-Tolerance for Pain and my Doctor knew that so I was given extra pain meds while I was in the Castle!! That is why I feel it is so important to sit down and talk to your doctor before the surgery!!Since then I have changed Doctors because I was experiencing a lot of pain on my right side for a few weeks now. To make a long story short they found a large cyst on my right ovary and my ovary is in pretty bad shape. I am schedule to have them removed on May 17th by this new Doctor. She is going to be able todo it by Laparascopy instead of having to cut me open again. I was very scared and upset when I found out I needed to have Surgery again this soon, but after I sat down and talked to my new Doctor and told her all my fears and concerns, she reassured me that this Surgery would be a piece of cake compared to my Hysterectomy!! So my advice to you is Talk, ask questions and find out everything that you need to know before hand!! I am so glad you found this site! I dont know what I would do without it. I wish you the very best of luck in your upcoming Surgery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2001, 12:32 PM
I'm a newbie here...

I had a TVH on April 9. If I could wish my surgery and recuperation on every lady I would! It's been a breeze.
However, as each of our bodies are different so are our surgeries and our recuperation.

(1) Stock your refrig. with non-carbonated beverages and microwavable foods. If friends want to fix something let them. Don't deny them an opportunity to feel good for having done something nice.
(2) Pay attention to the restrictions on activities and resting, and lifting. You have ONE chance to heal correctly.
(3) Don't try to earn extra points by being brave and not taking pain meds in the hospital or at home. There is no Brownie point committee keeping track. The longer you wait to take pain medication, the longer it takes for it to work.
(4) Listen to your body and if it says it is tired, believe it and rest with feet up. You can nap, do a crossword, watch tv, listen to an audio book or read, sketch, chat on the phone. You may NOT vacuum, do laundry, lift over 7-10 lbs. or go on dust bunny patrol! The pillow police will be alerted if you do.
(5) If you feel grumpy it is as grumpy as you are going to feel, each hour and each day gets better.
(6) Look forward to a healthy new future!
Hugs,
Miranda
Unread 05-05-2001, 12:49 PM
I'm a newbie here...

Welcome, KelBel! Glad you found us. Be sure to check out the pull-down menus on the home page for plenty of useful tips. I was alone for most of my recovery, and the thing I found most helpful was one of those locking grabber tools. I just layed in bed and grabbed a Kleenex, or a new video or a package of cookies with very little effort.
Unread 05-05-2001, 02:51 PM
Hi KelBel!

I had my TVH-BSO on 3/5. My surgery went well and my recovery is going just as well. As for being nervous and anxious - that's normal. I was a mess before I found this site! I agree with the other replies and Miranda's list is great! There's also a chat room where you can talk to others about your pain and fear or if you just want to vent. Again, welcome!
Unread 05-05-2001, 08:45 PM
I'm a newbie here...

Hi KelBel Welcome to Hyster Sisters. It IS a wonderful site. You'll find lots of information you can actually use as well as lots and lots of support and even

I sure can relate to the big babies: my son was 9 lbs 9 and my daughter 9 lbs 2. Delivering those 2 vaginally in record time (5 1/2 hours and a little over an hour - respective labor time) as well as the huge fibroid my uterus was carrying contributed to rectocele, one of the reasons that had me in the OR for a TVH last December 2000.

For hints and a lot of tips, go to the bottom of the Hyster Sisters Home Page and visit the Pull-Down menus, especially the "Ladies in Waiting" area. You can also ask your questions over here as well as read the various threads.

For positive stories, read the Princesses Tell Their Stories message board as well as the pull-down menu. Those stories really helped forge a realistic view of what was coming for me.

Best of luck and so happy you found us.
Unread 05-05-2001, 09:28 PM
I'm a newbie here...

Welcome aboard newbee! We're so glad you joined hystersisters!

I can't relate to birthin' mondo big babies. My two gals fell in the 7lb range, but I have noticed over the years that babies seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

I had a TAH/BSO w/ bladder repair... and like the previous reply to your thread.... I hope and wish everyone could have as uneventful a surgery and recovery as I did. I listened to my doc. I wasn't in a rush to recover and let time take its course.... and I can proudly announce that I'm feeling like it was all a weird dream since I'm feeling myself again.

So, with that said... best of luck to you lady... and keep the questions coming!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register