What are the consequences of ?doing too much?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are the consequences of ?doing too much?? What are the consequences of ?doing too much??

Unread 08-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Re: What are the consequences of “doing too much”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2CA View Post
Did your Dr. give you postop instructions ? I also had LSH (kept ovaries ) My Dr. explained to me that although there are only small incisions on the outside Major work was done on the inside !!! She only wanted me to walk for exercise untill my 6 week check up, when i was cleared to do anything.
My doc told me a similar thing. He said it may not look like it on the outside but it was still major surgery in the inside.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM

thanks for all the advice, I do really appreciate it. I asked the dr if ther where sutures and she said everything was cauterized and not suters where present. She also said I could do what ever I wanted I dont even have to go back and see her for another year. I am going to try and go easier though, I already have adhesions, my uterus was adheared to my bowel, and I almost had to have a bowel resection and colostomy. Thanks again for all your support and help, I do know I need to slow down but it is hard when you feel pretty good. I did pay for my foolishness this weekend and still paying for it today. I was just wondering what could happen and if I did over do it hurt my self what it would feel like. This forum has been really great and the support is really overwhelming thanks to all that responded to my questions.
Thanks Tammy
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM

Take good care of yourself Tammy. Surgical techniques have come a long way, but the body is still only human
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:35 AM

I hope your doing well. I have probably over done it myself. I had the Devinci Hyst 4 weeks this Tuesday. I'm back to doing pretty much what I was doing pre-surgery. My belly does swell and I have little aches and twinges when I over do it.... I just hope I havent over done it as well. Go back on Aug 10 for my 4 week check up...I have a ton of questions to ask.....good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register