surgery is tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery is tomorrow surgery is tomorrow

Unread 04-04-2005, 12:58 PM
surgery is tomorrow

Well Ladies the time is almost here and I am getting more and more nervous by the min. I started the bowel prep this morning and my stomach is upset but I think it's from my nerves instead of the prep. My whole insides feel like they are shaking. I'm sure I will do fine but this waiting is driving me nuts. Please keep me in your prayers that all goes well for me and that my 4 children don't worry to much while I am gone. 2 of my children have severe anxiety that makes them vomit when put in stressful or new situations so I am hoping all goes well for them as well as me. I will be 2 hours away from home so it isn't possible for them to come see me while I am in there but I plan to call them everyday, if I am unable to then DH can call. I wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate all the support that they have given me in the last several months. This site is so wonderful and I couldn't have made it without you all. I will try and post as soon as I am up to it and let everyone know I am home. I will be thinking of all you ladies that are waiting and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2005, 01:02 PM
surgery is tomorrow

Good luck to you tomorrow, and may waiting be the worst part!! Try to enjoy this day and not worry too much. Best wishes for a quick recovery!!
Unread 04-04-2005, 01:18 PM
surgery tomorrow

To my dear hyster sister in Arkansas,

May God go with you. I will pray that He watches over you and your children. I pray that the surgery will be successful and that you will heal quickly. Visualization is really helping me. If you are a believer then visualize Jesus holding your hand and standing right beside you as you go into surgery.

I'll be right behind you as my TAH/BSO/bladder repair operation is scheduled for April 6. I will be watching the computer on your updates.

love
Marianne from Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
surgery is tomorrow

((( Kristy )))

You'll be in my prayers that all goes well for you and that your children will do well also. Do try not to worry too much, concentrate on yourself for a bit. I worried a bit before my hyst too as I have a handicapped DD. Out of the blue, some friends offered to take her for a few days while I was in the hospital.

BTW - I had to do a bowel prep before a colonscopy and it made me feel kind of shaky too. Stress can add to that. However, the morning of my hyst, I was surprisingly calm. I'll pray that you can be too.

Take care. I'll be watching for an update on how you're doing when you feel up to it.

s
Unread 04-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Good luck tomorrow!

Greetings,

Good luck with your trip to the Castle tomorrow! You're in my prayers and I wish you all the best. The waiting is truly the worst part. I was also 2 hrs away from home ( 2.5 to be exact!) so I understand how you feel. Everything worked out well and here's hoping that you have a speedy recovery as well. God Bless!

Peace and Blessings, Mz Tumari
Unread 04-04-2005, 03:58 PM
surgery is tomorrow

Best Wishes ..... I too am doing bowel prep, using magnesium citrate, and I must tell you...I am very NAUSEATED... yes it is working but i feel like i m going to vomit.

I slept after the first bottle and the bathroom visits, but had to take another bottle at 4 00. Man am I nauseated.

I've barely eaten and ewww i cant wait till tomorrow, or at least till the latest bottle wears off.

So, no shakes, just nausea, anyone else or am i the odd one out?

Unread 04-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Thinking of you...

Kristy,

Sending thoughts and prayers your way for tomorrow and following days. Hope all goes well for you and your family.

Lots of S for everyone!

Cinderellen
Unread 04-04-2005, 04:21 PM
surgery is tomorrow

Just don't tell your children too much, and try not to say words that they will visualize in a scary way.

Mine were grown when I had my hyst. in December! Wish they were here, cause I'm going in on Monday the 11 for knee surgery. Of course I'm scared! That part before you get put to sleep is what I don't like. The strange room, smells, overly cheerful nurses and so on! Bet they would freak out as much as we do if it were them!

I like the part when you wake up and feel really good, say stupid things, and it's all done.

This surgery is outpatient, so it should almost be fun. Yeah, right.

Well, I'm here to tell you that, looking back, the hyst. was nothing I couldn't go through again. Step by step, hour by hour. Things get better every day, and there's always the pain meds, even if you choose to use over-the-counter. I think I went to Long Acting Tylenol after the third day. Round the clock! Pampering is fun to experience, too!
Unread 04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
surgery is tomorrow

Dear Kristy & Marianne,

Best of luck to both of you tomorrow. Yes, it's so normal to be scared. Sigh... I will also be checking the boards to see a message from both of you.

Take care! Sincerely, Michele in Jersey
PS-I go next week, Tues, Apr. 12.
Unread 04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
surgery is tomorrow

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know how nervous I was the day before, I almost backed out. That was 5 weeks ago this Wednesday. Now I'm doing great! Back to work, able to shop, etc.
I wish you the very best!
Margie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register