Cervical Cancer: Intercourse after a radical hysterectomy impossible?? - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Intercourse after a radical hysterectomy impossible?? Intercourse after a radical hysterectomy impossible??

Unread 05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Re: Intercourse after a radical hysterectomy impossible??

Good for both of you!! I'm sure your wonderful partner is the no. one factor in your favor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2010, 05:51 AM

CarribeanQueen
Thank you lots for the suggestions. Some are new for me (DO and yoni massage for instance); I also hadn't leard about the vibrating rings. I am going to look into that!
Big hug
Unread 05-29-2010, 03:56 PM

Anna, part of the fun of restoring sensuality is discovering new things to try... and if one thing doesn't work, then try something else. (We all have to look at the POSTIVE side of solving problems :-) Drugstore.com also has a small selection of "sexual wellbeing" items and is a good source for "aids". They have a Butterfly Enhancer that might work for you (I ordered one - good quality, but alas, too thick for my 6'4" - "short" hubby ;-) Also the Screaming O might work, but it may be a bit soft to keep body parts apart, so to speak. But you'll get the idea of what to look for.

With all the challenges we've had - shrinking, atrophied v-j-j and bladder prolapse, it wasn't until we stopped worrying about the pitiful vagina and started thinking clitoris that everything came together so perfectly (no pun intended!). I started researching the clitoris and found all kinds of facinating info... hubby really got into it too.

Did you know the clitoris is 3" long! And basically a hidden small penis? it has legs which wrap along the urethra and the vagina (which match the erectile parts of a man). And just like a penis, it must become erect and filled with blood to help all the rest work right. It's a known fact that as a woman becomes excited, her vagina stretches.

Do a Google search on "Sexual Anatomy of Men & Women" and also 3dvulva for some excellent illustrations of all the female body parts.

Now the difference in male and female is that men can usually get it up in a flash, whereas women might take 10-20 minutes before they are REALLY ready. Once men figure out there's far more parts to us than they realize (or can see) and the more they can help stimulate all this (SLOWLY), the better for both.

That's when I discovered the Yoni Massage technique and DOing. Part of learning it is to relax and enjoy - which should encourage increased blood flow, heightened sensitivity, and hopefully a nice relaxed, but ready for action vagina. At that point, we sometimes grab a ring. :-)

Hubby was facinated with all this information and is quite happy to do his part because he found a way to finally get me in the mood, start relaxing instead of worrying, and find some semblance of sexuality success.

This didn't happen overnight. It took months for everything to start working right. But it slowly started working better and better and we were both enjoying the learning, something new experience.

It's a true adventure to discover things that work and we keep searching... some new gizmo or idea might be just around the corner. Keep those positive thoughts! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattieO View Post
arunner:
I wonder if the burning has to do with changes in general.. for the past several years ( I am probably older than most of you), post intercourse, I always had to go "wash up" afterwards, or pay the price.
It indeed felt like it was burning when the two fluids co-mingled.
But as you said, after washing up, I was fine. A small price to pay for the enjoyment. Oh, how I long for those days again..
A friend of mine had the same situation but she did not have cancer or a hysterectomy. They found out that she was allergic to his sperm. He was taking some kind of mineral and that changed his sperm. Once he stopped taking the mineral and it was out of his system she was fine. They now have 2 children. Maybe that is something that you could check into.
Unread 06-06-2010, 11:21 AM

Well since I have resurfaced here finally, I may as well add my .02

I still do enjoy sex, and intercourse is fine as long as there is sufficient lubrication (natural or otherwise).

One thing I did notice recently is that after a particularly vigorous session, the next couple of days I felt rather beat-up and bruised inside. For one reason and another it had been a while since I had had intercourse, so I asked my dr. what this might be. She felt that possibly it is due to the fact that the cervix and uterus act as barrier protection for your other internal organs normally, and when they are gone, well then there is not much protection.

After 2 days the soreness went away and it certainly wouldn't stop me from doing anything I normally do.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register