don't think this is what doc meant..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

don't think this is what doc meant..... don't think this is what doc meant.....

Unread 10-22-2010, 04:34 PM
don't think this is what doc meant.....

I was released from doc 15 days ago. He told me to ease back into my life. Well the first week I did pretty good. I vaccumed carefully and started cleaning more around the house.
This week well......I decided to get rid of the indoor/outdoor carpet out of the sunroom. It's a 30X30 room and the carpet was glued pretty good. Not any more!! I got it all up and hauled to the trailer. Then I started scrapping the glue off. I don't really hurt - sore but not hurting.
Today I am sore - not hurting but sore. I took it easy most of the day because I have very little energy. My kids and hubby have kept me hopping all week long.
Man o man it sure felt good to get something accomplished! But I really don't think that is what my doc meant by easing back into my life at 8 weeks post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Re: don't think this is what doc meant.....

Oh no!!! Sorry to hear that you may have overdone it a bit! Take care of yourself and try to rest this w/e!!
Unread 10-22-2010, 04:37 PM

I don't think that's what he meant either ! But as long as you are feeling ok, and nothing seems to be wrong, you should be ok. Just maybe ease up a bit on barrelling back into life !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2010, 05:00 PM

I am pretty sure easing back into life did not include removing carpeting and scraping glue! But hey, when you feel up to it, we are scraping some of that indoor/outdoor stuff up, too--you can come help!

Try take it easy the next few days and get in touch with your doctor if your soreness turns to pain. Some long soaks in the and some ibuprofen might be a good idea as well!

Unread 10-22-2010, 08:05 PM

I'm almost 3 weeks post-op, and can relate. I know you've been saving up that energy for 8 weeks waiting for the opportunity to do something productive...something you can see the results of!! Just don't over-do.

And commit to memory the phrase "we only get one chance to heal right."

(But I would probably do the same thing.)
Unread 10-23-2010, 09:38 PM

I crashed hard on Friday. Was so worn out. Today is better and scrape some more glue. Not really sure why I decided to start this project! Thanks for all your kind words.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register