Had my preop, what an event | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my preop,  what an event Had my preop, what an event

Unread 05-14-2004, 07:13 AM
Had my preop, what an event

OK sorry I was so upset yesterday over the whole thing, I did not tell how my pre op.

I had to be at my Drs at 8:45, did not get seen until 9:30. We talked over everything and she answered all my questions. No tummy tuck for me as she does not do this. But she is gonna remove a mole I have down there that gets in my way when I shave for the summer. She told me she would be there with me as I go under and not to worry. As long as I have no comps, I will get to come home the next night. I will have a cathedar in till the am.

She went ahead a gave me my scripts, 1 for pain demorol and the other for hormones she is putting me on Estratest, she sadi she likes that one and it usually does good. Anyone heard of it or is on it. She said that I will come out of sugery and either be wearing a ptach or they will give me a shot of hormones. She also said that she will do the LAVH and really things she will not ahev to open me up, she says that from what she saw in April, everything should be smooth.

So then I went to the hospital. Did my insruance and registration, waited to talk to the nurse, she asked all kinds of questions. Then she gave me instruction on the bowel prep, which is 2 bottles of Phos something and I have to drink 1 and 3:00 and the other at 7:00 (but since it makes me throw up and I can't literally throw up due to a previous surgery, my Dr said the bowel prep was my call,,WHoo HOOO), then she gave me this douche bag (Which I was not prepared for) told me how to use it and all and then explained how to use the stuff to wash with. Then told me the hospital would call between 5:30 and 7:00 monday night to tell me what time to arrive. Told me when I get there the day of my surgery, I do not have to sign in, just tell the recp. I am there for surgery and I will go on back and they will get me ready, once my IV is in, then my family cna come back. Oh and the anitbiotics the dr ordered I am allergic to, so they have to find something else.

Then I waited some more for tha vampire lady. I know her. Anyway I finally called back for that and she said that since it was mroe than 3 days before my surgery, then I will have blood drawn the day of as well and then get to wear that lovely bracelt (atleast Idon't have to wear it out anywhere) so that was all and done with.

But let me tell you what happend. I was in the hospital parking lot, driving around looking for a place to park, There was none at all and I did not want to park at the back of the hospital and do that long walk. So I drove around for 15 minutes, finally a place is going to become available, if though it is still a little walk. Well I back up and get in position to park when the other car leaves. I had my blinker on. Well then some lady comes up on the other side and waits. She had just pulled in the parking lot, I knew she wanted that spot. Well I said (very emotionally and all) to myself. Uh Hu noway, I was here first, so as soon as that car was out of my way I whipped in the parking lot. The other driver then started blowing her horn at me and then drove off. I got out of ym car and started walking towrads the hospital. The other driver had made her way around and saw me. I heard her call speed up and looked up to see her coming at me at full speed, she tried to run over me...I was so mad. With all these emotions, I wanted to pull her out by her hair and beat the crap out of here. I just could not believe it. UGh some people. I mean I could understand if I had not been there first, but gee.

Anyway that was how my pre op day went. Anybody want to be the parking lot incident...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2004, 07:32 AM

Obviously, the lady in the parking lot was there to see a doctor about anger management issues! *chuckle!*
Unread 05-14-2004, 07:35 AM

WOW!! That's a perfect time to introduce valium into your system...LOL....

I hope everything else is less eventful!!

Theresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2004, 07:40 AM

Kim..........It sure does sound like you had a hectic day!!!! Sounds like you are ready for your trip though!!! Hope you are able to get antibiotics that work for you. I'm a little concerned about the bowel prep too...hmmmm....I don't know what I would do!!! One of my many questions for my pre-op on Tuesday!!!

I think anger management issues was right!!!! WOW!!!!! Some ppl get a little looney in the parking lot!!!!

Stay strong and enjoy your weekend!!!! Relax and treat yourself to something special!!! Nice bath....pedicure....shopping....

Smiles......Razzmatazz
Unread 05-14-2004, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CartoonChick
Obviously, the lady in the parking lot was there to see a doctor about anger management issues! *chuckle!*
I so agree with this, although by the time this is over I may be haivng anger management classes...lol
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:05 AM
preop parking lot incident

Wow. I had the parking lot thing happen to me (not at pre op) without the run over thing. The person laid on the horn and then started cussing at me all the while parked in back of my car. I got out of my car and walked up to her window and introduced myself saying my name is ******* what is yours. She said im **** at which i bent over and looked at the pavement at the rear of my car and said nope your name isnt on that parking space either so i guess i can park here. She just cussed at me some more and drove away as i laughed my rear off... Ya gotta turn the tables and be a B**** back at them. Do unto others before they do unto you LOL.
Hope your surgery goes well.
Tango
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:06 AM

Golly gee ... Some people can be soooo rude! You handled it well, you should be proud of yourself.

Recently, my 87 year old Grandma was walking across the WalMart parking lot and a group of young kids floored it and tried to scare her as they sped towards her. They laughed and laughed as they parked near them

Unfortunately for them, my DH was with her and he is a State Trooper ... he called a unit there, as he was off duty and they were charged with numerous violations

** Anyway, take a long walk, get a manicure and pedicure or even a massage, as someone previously suggested and try to relax ... I know that's easier said than done

I wish you the best

Unread 05-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Re: preop parking lot incident

Quote:
Originally posted by Tangodancer
I got out of my car and walked up to her window and introduced myself saying my name is ******* what is yours. She said im **** at which i bent over and looked at the pavement at the rear of my car and said nope your name isnt on that parking space either so i guess i can park here.
BWAHAHAHAHAAA! I gotta remember that one! Beautiful!
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Re: preop parking lot incident

Quote:
Originally posted by Tangodancer
Wow. I had the parking lot thing happen to me (not at pre op) without the run over thing. The person laid on the horn and then started cussing at me all the while parked in back of my car. I got out of my car and walked up to her window and introduced myself saying my name is ******* what is yours. She said im **** at which i bent over and looked at the pavement at the rear of my car and said nope your name isnt on that parking space either so i guess i can park here. She just cussed at me some more and drove away as i laughed my rear off... Ya gotta turn the tables and be a B**** back at them. Do unto others before they do unto you LOL.
Hope your surgery goes well.
Tango
Wish I would have thought of that one yesterday...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register