hot tubs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-20-2010, 06:30 AM
hot tubs

how long after surgery did anyone use a hot tub? and did you have any issues afterward because of your surgery? thinking about hot tubbing at a friends and just wanted some input. thanks ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Re: hot tubs

You really need to ask doc , especially since hot tubs are way different even then a bathtub - there can be lots of bacteria in a tub that can get you infected, especially being vulnerable healing up after sugery and the temperature may just be too high to do for a while as well. I'm a former surgical nurse & would see quite a few infections from hot tubs - ick.

Best of luck and let us know what your doc says!
Unread 03-20-2010, 04:26 PM

i thought about calling my doctors office too. just wanted some "real" comments from any lady who has used a hot tub after surgery. and i did think about all the bacteria and stuff. that's why im hesitant. thanks for your advice peapodd. ill call her office on monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2010, 04:34 PM

great! i wish I had a hot tub though - I'm jealous as sounds good on the sore achy muscles!!
Unread 03-20-2010, 05:07 PM

well dont be too jealous yet, i havent even been officially invited over for it. im just presuming theyll invite me soon. LOL
Unread 03-20-2010, 10:25 PM

I was reading through the checkpoints for recovery week 5-6 and I think they talked about hot tubs being okay after that time period. Might want to look and see if you can find it... I would check with doc for sure beforehand...
Unread 03-20-2010, 11:14 PM

I had some issues w/ slow healing and than a rash of bacterial and yeast infections. I used a hot tub about 4 months after surgery and it sent me into another round of infections.

Since than I went on probiotics and estrace cream and it helped get things balanced out again. I use one now and things have been fine.

G.
Unread 03-21-2010, 01:32 AM

have fun--- I can't do hot tubs... caused a horrible Group Strep D bladder infection from long time use (of my own personal- clean kept- hot tub) It took 9 months of antibiotics to get ride of my infection!

enjoy a dip for me (provided your Doc says OK!)
Unread 03-21-2010, 07:48 AM

ive not had any complications in my healing so far. im almost 8 weeks out. ill see what my doctor says, but now im feeling a little iffy about it. as much as i would enjoy soaking my aching shoulders from going back to work.
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:26 PM

called my doctors office today, and she said do NOT hot tub until at least 12 weeks. so i guess ill be table side for a few more weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register