Hysterectomy soon. Anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy soon. Anyone else? Hysterectomy soon. Anyone else?

Unread 08-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Hysterectomy soon. Anyone else?

Well, had my pre-op yesterday. Nothing to exciting, just wainting for next week. I feel like I have so many questions and things to do, but my head is really foggy, so I forget everything. Is this just brain overload?? or maybe I am really losing my mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Totally overload. Make lists, then your brain doesn't have to remember it.

I do this whenever I have major things coming up in my life! I go through what needs to be done, paid, or taken care of -while I'm in a deep sleep and wake up thinking of this stuff!

I have found making lists make it easier for me to get tasks done and I rest better. I do have a piece of paper and pen by the bed for those wake me up I forgot moments. Sometimes I giggle at how I write!

Take all the questions in - ask away, the doctor's love informed patients!

Your date was my original one but I switched it - I know I'm a big chicken!
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Hi! My SAH is on August 29th too. I kind of swing between a very foggy head and anxiety. If I'm doing something, anything, reading, talking to someone, watching tv, I'm ok with the anxiety. The minute I'm quiet, it comes flooding in. But if I have to do anything constructive, especially at work, I am such a ditz. I forget things the second after I thought of it or heard it. It's incredible. Making lists does help. But what have I forgotten to put on the list!! I can't waittttttt until the 29th.

Best wishes to you on your surgery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 07:40 PM

Mine's the 28th, does that help? Kitty
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:46 PM
My hysterectomy is scheduled for 8/29

I just found out today that I am scheduled for a TAH for next Wednesday 8/29. I am extremely apprehensive because I have been diagnosed with cancer of the uterus after a d and c. I am sixty years old and I have been bleeding with cramps since the d and c. I have trouble standing up because of the pain. I continue to work because I need my sick days for my big performance. Twenty years ago I had a myomectomy for fibroids so I sort of know what the procedure is. However , I keep thinking I don't want a hysterectomy but I don't have any choices. It is making me angry. I don't like the oncologist but I don't have a choice there either and I do like the my gyn who will be doing the surgery in conjunction with him. I have only met the gynecologist/oncologist one time and that was too much. He has the bedside manner of a toad. I asked questions about how he was going to examine me because when I was sixteen years old and pregnant I was held down by six medical professionals and raped with some kind of obstetric device when I tried to get away. I am still traumatized by this. It was a horrible brutal experience, I was treated as a guinea pig against my will all so my parents could get free obstetric care for me . The delivery was a nightmare too. The two subsequent deliveries for me had to be accomplished by completely putting me under because I get combative when people are standing around me while I am on an exam table messing with my female area due to the rape. Same thing with the d and c , I told them not to come near me until I was out because of my reaction to the smells and the situation.

The bright side of this is the new sanitary supplies have improved in the last ten years. I went to counseling for ten years and paid for a Porsche but all it takes is one disrespectful move and I am that sixteen year old child being raped again. As a result even though I have double medical insurance I rarely go to the doctor because I lost my trust in physicians as a sixteen year old.

Thanks for listening.

On the bright side I was amazed how thin and absorbent sanitary napkins are now!
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:07 PM

Hi! I'm scheduled for a TVH on August 29. One week and counting. And yes, my head is spinning and I'm thinking of everything I should do before then.
Unread 08-23-2007, 08:53 AM

Thanks sisters, I wake up today one day closer. This wait has to be the hardest part. I am glad I am not the only one with a foggy head. I wish all of you the best recovery and we shall each other on the other side
Unread 08-23-2007, 09:02 AM

Wow, Valentine67, sorry to hear about the problems you had in the past. I'm sorry you have a doctor with no bedside manner. I broke my ankle last year and had a similar problem with my doctor. Don't ask him questions -- ask his assistant type of thing.

I hope things go well for you!

My hyster is tomorrow. I can tell you that I've been scatter brained the past week or so. Plus, I haven't been sleeping very well. I guess my brain is on over drive trying to comprehend everything that is going on.

Jennie
Unread 08-23-2007, 10:13 AM

My TAH is one week from today. In addition to the wait, I just started my FINAL period. While I am thrilled this is the last one, it is NOT helping with my anxiety. I know how y'all feel.

Lori
Unread 08-23-2007, 10:23 AM

I Am Having Mine On Monday At 5 Pm! Don't Feel Bad, I Can't Seem To Remember Anything... My Mom Calls It Crs Desease ( Can't Remember **** <oops! please do not attempt to override the censor!>) Are You Having Problems With Sleeping? Or Any Thing Else?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register