Scheduled dVH/RALH So anxious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:41 PM
So anxious

I am scheduled for surgery on July 16 which is my mom birthday who passed away four years ago from uterus cancer.I have so much running threw my mind of if I wake up and I find out they took my ovaries I know they found something to be worry about. I am having the hysterectomy due to hyperplasia with atypical cells. We have no children and I am worried on how I will handle seeing babies in public in fear of having a melt down.I am also worried about the pain and possible hot flashes afterwards. Any one have any idea on how to keep all these though from driving me crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Re: So anxious

Try to focus on the fact you are having this surgery to make yourself healthy. Just maybe, your surgery date being your mother's birthday is a sign you are doing the right thing.

I am truely sorry that you haven't had children of your own and you are now facing this. After you recover maybe you will find a way to still have an active, postitive influence with children in some way. I work with a girl that is 22 and facing this surgery for the same reasons and she is getting involved with a local court advocacy group for children. She is such a ray of sunshine and she can still share that with others.

No surgery can take away the love inside you.

Your mother will be with you all the way and please know that the sisters on this site will be too. You can post with any questions, fears, concerns, or anything else, someone will have an answer for you. Praying for you and hoping for an uneventful surgery and fabulous recovery.
(((((HUGS)))))) to you.
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:32 PM

I am sorry you are dealing with all this. I lost my mother last year and she was not with me during my surgery. I was so used to her being there whenever I was sick. Then when she wasn't, it was very difficult. For you knowing that the very reason your mother passed it due to Uterine CA and then having to go through this surgery yourself could cause ANYONE to have anxiety. That is very normal. Atypical cells DOES NOT mean cancer. For now, we can focus on positive thoughts instead of negative. You are going through a major surgery to improve your health, and it will do that. Like the previous post says, you can find other ways to influence a child's life just by being there for one. You can't do that if you are not taking care of yourself. Hystersisters helped me so much to get through all this. You came to the right place for support. Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing. Take care and I am sending positive thoughts your way for all good news and a quick recovery after surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Hi penalope -

I know it is very hard to see kids and babies sometimes after surgery. It has been hard for me and I do not even want children. It is normal to have these strong feelings. The other sisters are right, though, you can take that nurturing instinct that you have (with or without your uterus and ovaries!) and channel it in other healing areas.

There can be pain with this surgery - everyone is different. They will give meds to help with that - you tell them your pain level, and the doctors will prescribe something accordingly. Your body will heal better if it is not in pain.

Surgical menopause can be a pretty hard dump - it was for me, anyway. I am on ERT and that has helped tremendously. I do not know if that is an option for you, but you should discuss this with your doctor.

We are here with you. This site is full of wonderful, strong women. We really understand what you are going through. Keep posting your questions and feelings. It really does help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register