help with groin pain after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help with groin pain after hysterectomy help with groin pain after hysterectomy

Unread 06-03-2014, 11:18 AM
help with groin pain after hysterectomy

This is to anyone out there who had a tah. Im in the start of my 6th week recovery. Everything seems to be going fine all except I have this groin pain that is on my right side near pubic area. It hurts most when I need to go to the restroom. I have to hold it in so it is not so aggrivated. My left side is fine. I also had my appendix removed as well. I had bad endo which turned into scar tissue and was covering almost everything. My doc said the groin pain may be from when the muscles were moved out of the way. I had pulled my groin before many yrs ago and it took a very long time to heal. Could this be a possible injury? Im just not too sure why I have this. And my surgen is not too sure either because he didnt feel anything unusual. That was when I went last week for my 5th week check up. So im curious if anyone has had this same issue. Thanks so much. Im here in TX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstocruise View Post
This is to anyone out there who had a tah. Im in the start of my 6th week recovery. Everything seems to be going fine all except I have this groin pain that is on my right side near pubic area. It hurts most when I need to go to the restroom. I have to hold it in so it is not so aggrivated. My left side is fine. I also had my appendix removed as well. I had bad endo which turned into scar tissue and was covering almost everything. My doc said the groin pain may be from when the muscles were moved out of the way. I had pulled my groin before many yrs ago and it took a very long time to heal. Could this be a possible injury? Im just not too sure why I have this. And my surgen is not too sure either because he didnt feel anything unusual. That was when I went last week for my 5th week check up. So im curious if anyone has had this same issue. Thanks so much. Im here in TX.
I have groin pain except on left side. It has been a couple of weeks. Thought would be better by now. Also in Texas Hill Country. Doing good except for that
Unread 06-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Re: help with groin pain after hysterectomy

I had this type of pain as well, on my left side. Dr didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I mentioned this to him. I was starting to think iI was losing my mind. Just wanted to push on my pubic bone area to release this knot of pain! It is happening less I often now at 5 weeks post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2014, 05:32 PM

I am at a week since a hysterectomy and opperectomy..... all reproductive gone. Double masectomy in fall.

How do you deal with all the pain.
Im diabetic and epileptic. .... im ready to cry.

Im 36 and my family and boyfriend werent even there for last week...
Unread 06-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Re: help with groin pain after hysterectomy

So sorry to hear that you are suffering, linmuffin! I know I wasn't taking as many meds as I could have early on because my sister was giving me a hard time about it and how I shouldn't need anything that strong. Well, I got told off from my doctor to take all the meds i could so that I wasn't just taking the edge off but actually pain free so I could relax and heal better. I find now that I am farther along at almost 5 weeks Istill need something if iI have done too much. Also I have used the heating pad for backache from too much walking. Maybe your family need a gentle prod that you are surprised by how much this has taken out of you and how hard it seems to keep up with things. Good luck to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register