3 weeks today, I can drive!, DROVE TO MUCH:( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks today, I can drive!, DROVE TO MUCH:( 3 weeks today, I can drive!, DROVE TO MUCH:(

Unread 07-19-2007, 07:29 AM
3 weeks today, I can drive!, DROVE TO MUCH:(

Glad to hear you're resting up. The dr told me no driving for 2 weeks. I'll be three weeks tomorrow and just drove for the first time yesterday. Only about 20 minutes total and that was enough for me. Still in too much pain to make any quick moves. I was going to drive myself to my CT scan yesterday but my mom had a fit and came and took the kids for the afternoon so my dh could drive me. Thank god b/c the oral contrast I had to drink had me nauseous all afternoon so I definitely would not have felt up to driving home had I driven there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Right there with ya on the driving stuff... I still haven't done it yet and I'm 4 wks post-op!! Terri, I can't believe you made it 8 hrs... glad to hear you're taking it easy today... you need it. I think I'm still to fuzzy-headed to drive.... haven't even wanted to! This will probably sound dumb, but I don't even remember when the doc said I COULD drive... LOL
Unread 07-19-2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongredhead
Hey, everyone how ya all doing. Thought I'd get some advice. I was/am allowed to drive today, finally, was getting jealous of ladies on here that had surgery same day and were allowed to drive two weeks later. Anywoo, dr. told me no driving for 3 weeks, so that's what I did. Now I've drove too much, I've been on the road for the last 8 hours, doing things that have piled up for the last 3 weeks, banking, groceries, odds and ends that we needed, now I'm played out and feeling, something down there. It's not pain, or cramping, just... uncomfortable. Should I take a couple tylenol and go to bed, or try to ride it out, as I'm not really in pain, no bleeding or anything. I just know that I over did it today, WAY OVER DID IT. Thanks again for advice.
I got on the forum today because I must have done too much and now I am paying for it. I immediately clicked on Terri's post DROVE TOO MUCH. I drove for the first time on Monday, 3 weeks out, to go to my follow-up appointment. I felt great at the doctor's appointment and was looking forward to getting back to exercising. Once I was out, I made a few stops feeling excited just to be out an about. I was so sore and tired on Tuesday and Wednesday and stayed in bed most of day feeling sorry for myself. I thought by 3 weeks I would be feeling so much better! Terri, wanted to let you know that I too am taking it easy in my PJs with pizza in the fridge...we must be in a parallel universe!

Carla
TAH 6/25/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 08:19 AM

When I went to the doctors at 2 weeks and ask if I could drive to my 4wk post op he just gave me a look and said N000000. So I have no idea when I am allowed to drive. I guess every doctor is different. I think at times just let me drive but in my heart I know I am also still fuzzy and distracted and sometimes still get dizzy. So I wouldnt want to be a risk to anyone else right now. I just know that even when I went for a ride and the store with my DH I was shot when I came home. Im sure 8 hours had to take its toll on you. Take it easy and take care of yourself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register