Surgery in 3 weeks and so tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in 3 weeks and so tired Surgery in 3 weeks and so tired

Unread 09-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Surgery in 3 weeks and so tired

I'm having TLH, ovaries, tubes, cervix, with A-P repair for prolapse of pretty much everything. I'm in mild to moderate pain most of the time but, not too bad. The biggest problem is I am so tired all the time. I don't feel like there is enough wrong with me to make me so tired but, I am. I work, come home, go to bed. Is this common?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Re: Surgery in 3 weeks and so tired

Annie,
I'm sure some of your fatigue is due to the pain your body is going through, but some is most likely due to the emotional toll all of this takes. Waiting for my surgery date was very hard for me. Take one day at a time and your surgery will be here before you know it. You will have plenty of time to rest afterwards! I will be praying for you to have a successful surgery and easy recovery.
Unread 09-02-2012, 03:28 AM

Hi Annie,
I'm fortunate not to have had the pain too much but I can certainly identify with the fatigue, in fact I would say that had been my worst symptom. Like you I've been getting home from work and sleeping- it has been driving me nuts and hope that the surgery will make this better in time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM

I'm like that too. I work 35 hrs a week with toddlers, so pretty much full time. I take advil everyday about 3xs a day to help take the edge off. I might have a hour or so of no pain each day but most of the time i'm aware it's there. I push myself through work knowing the kids nap and I can sit and relax for a bit. But once home and dinner is figured out i'm on the sofa. After a while I might get some energy for maybe 20 minutes to do housework then I shower and rest in bed till 10pm. If I don't take advil before bed i'm up at night. Last night I was up from 4:30-6 with pain. It's not fun but at least there will be an end to all this for us soon.
Unread 09-02-2012, 09:04 AM

Me, too with the tired. My DvH is on 9/12 and I am gutting it out and continuing to work (middle school reading teacher). High dose Motrin helped control the cramping, pain, and bloated feeling, but now I am off it since last week because of upcoming surgery. All I can take is extra strength Tylenol, which barely takes the edge off now. I'm fairly young (43) and in really good shape (I'm a runner until recently when my dr. told me to STOP until after surgery), so I shouldn't be asleep on the recliner and done for the day when hubby comes home at 4:30. Even my 3 Labbies are getting short-changed...They are used to going for a long walk or run with me right after school and even that has ground to a hault. I feel bad for them, too...... I'm looking forward to feeling better every day instead of worse so we can all get back to life as we knew it before these EVIL fibroids.
Unread 09-02-2012, 10:45 AM

Thanks so much ladies. I just feel like I shouldn't be so tired. Work is demanding and I do put in long hours. When done, I pick my husband up from daycare (he is 28 years older than me with Alzheimer's). I'm really glad he gets fed at daycare. A bowl of raisin bran has become my supper most nights. Then, in bed doing nothing until it's time for sleep. DH does what is called "sundowning" because of the Alzheimer's. So, in the evening he paces around and just messes with things. I just can't wait for him to settle down and go to bed.
Unread 09-02-2012, 11:23 AM

Annie,
So sorry about your husband. Of course you are tired! You are taking care of him as well as yourself and everything else. Do you have someone who can take care of him while you are recovering? It's really important for you to get plenty of rest. You only have one chance to heal properly and if you do too much you could have a setback or complications which would make things so much worse. Good luck to you and I hope you have an easy surgery and recovery.
Unread 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM

My surgery is on a Wednesday. My mom is flying down the Saturday before and staying for three weeks. She will be a big help! I also have my oldest daughter living at home after her divorce so she can go to college. Don't know what I would do without them!
Unread 09-02-2012, 02:40 PM

in the few weeks before my LAVH, it was not uncommon for me to have to take 3 naps a day.
Unread 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Surgery in 3 weeks and so tired

Oh my, I too am tired all the time. I thought that it was just me, i work full time and by 7or 8 at night am just exhausted i don't have small children but feel for you ladies who do ( my son is 18 now ). So the stress of having surgery is making me so tired? Also mornings i don't have as much pain in pelvis area usually starts bothering me around 3 oclock until i go to bed : ( any ideas why that is?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register