Hysterectomy soon (7/13) ... I am afraid they will find something.. Is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy soon (7/13) ...  I am afraid they will find something.. Is this normal? Hysterectomy soon (7/13) ... I am afraid they will find something.. Is this normal?

Unread 07-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Hysterectomy soon (7/13) ... I am afraid they will find something.. Is this normal?

My name is Stephanie and I am scheduled for a TVH on Monday July 13th. I had laroscopic surgery for endometriosis 4 years ago. I had an ovarian cyst in February and when back for my 3 month TVU they found a fibroid. I have had 2 TVU since February and know they haven't seen any other growths. I am so afraid that when I go in they will find something. Is this normal or am I being irrational? Thanks for your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Re: Hysteretomy soon... I am afraid they will find something.. Is this normal?

Hi Smagallanez to HysterSisters!

All of your emotions, fears and concerns are very normal. You are not being irrational at all! This is a very scary surgery on so many levels.

Take a deep breath. I know that it is so hard, but do not get ahead of your diagnosis. Take this one day at a time.

Above all, know that you are not alone in this. We are here for you, and understand exactly what you are going through.

Unread 07-05-2015, 04:29 PM

I think it is very normal. I was terrified they would find something. But i talked to some friends who are Ob/gyn nurses. They reminded me that they had done an ultrsound, physical exam, and a uterine biopsy. They knew whhat they were going to find and guess what... that is what they found. No surprises. Surgeons dont like surprises so they do all the tests up front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2015, 05:14 PM

I also think it is normal to be concerned.
It is major surgery and there are a lot of fears connected with it.
I had some concerns though I was told that the cancer risk was low in my case.
Unread 07-05-2015, 05:47 PM

It's normal to be nervous/scared. Mine is scheduled for this Thursday the 9th. I've had a camera test, ultrasounds, an endo biopsy, and some more stuff and I still worry about them finding cancer... But like one of the other posters said, they've tested thoroughly. Other than scar tissue or unknown bowel problems, it's not likely that they'll find anything alarming. Try to relax and put your faith where it belongs for you.
Unread 07-05-2015, 10:28 PM

Best of luck Stephanie. I'm also scheduled for Monday 07-13-15. I started suddenly having 2 periods per month back in Dec. I waited for it to "reset". It didn't. They tried progesterone, no good. TVU revealed complex mass on the left ovary, and what they thought was a resolving cyst on the right. It was thought that the mass was strangling the ovary, which caused too much estrogen and double-duty cycles. Blood work for tumor markers was at the high end of normal. Six weeks later, another TVU showed complex mass had formed on the right also and a small fibroid had formed. My regular gyn called and said he was referring me to a gyn oncologist. That call had me in tears. I was terrified. It's been a couple of weeks since then so I've had some time to let it sink in. Surgery is scary, but what could happen if we do nothing is scarier.
Unread 07-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Re: Hysterectomy soon (7/13) ... I am afraid they will find something.. Is this normal?

Thank you so much everybody for your support! I know they have run the tests and done everything they are supposed to do. I wasn't nervous my last surgery 4 years ago,but I am now a single mom to a beautiful 2 year old I adopted last year. I know God has all things in His control, but I am still scared. I know this is normal, because it is a major surgery. Thank you again for your support!

Stephanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register