I am so sick of this non stop uter. bleeding!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so sick of this non stop uter. bleeding!! I am so sick of this non stop uter. bleeding!!

Unread 10-23-2003, 08:36 PM
I am so sick of this non stop uter. bleeding!!

Hi all. Sorry I have to vent.....I turned 39 last year and thats when the problems started. Periods that would not stop and just drain me.I have had to leave work for blood accidents on my pants. I wear two long maxi pads like a train. I put towels down on the sofa, bed and car at times. It just wears on me physically and mentally.
I had an endo biopsy, pelvic ultrasound, took megace for about 5 months and finally the bleeding stopped only when I had a D&C. I dont have endo. The doctor said I have a hormonal imbalance. Now FLO is back just as I turned 40. For 2 months I have bleeding that is daily and never stops! I am taking 2 B.C. pills per day!! It's ridiculous! I am so drained, tired, dizzy, etc..I told the doctor I am ready to have the hysterectomy!! I think to myself how much more blood can I loose? I keep on pushing myself. I work fulltime, married and have 2 kids. I wake up exhausted and push myself to get to work and I am a slug at my desk. I am sure I am anemic. When I was pregnant with my second I was anemic and had to take iron pills and my levels would still be low. I feel the same way now. I wish my date was sooner. Its is about 25 days away. The dr. said he would do it vaginally and doesnt anticipate taking any ovaries.
Anyone here with a similar case?
Peacecoming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2003, 08:53 PM

Awe Peace....

Many of the siste you are here will understand exactly what
you are describing;
I used the pads and suupper delux tampons and would still have overflow....

I know it is miserable

Has your doctor checked your iron levels? You may need a supplement to protect you from getting into an anemiac state; its really hard to get out of the hole if you gett too deeply into it.

It might be nice to hang onto your ovaries, given your age, and that you don't mention any problems with them.

25 days away does seem like a long time when you feel this wiped out....maybe you better looik into talking to your doc about your levels and previous anemia problems

It does get better; really it does. You gottsa hang on by the skin of your teeth until then. Try eating the red meat you need to bring up your levels, and see what he says about iron.

I'll say a little prayer for you that the next 25 days go by sa smoothly as possible

's

Dilu
Unread 10-23-2003, 09:37 PM

Hi Peacecoming,

You should start taking iron pills, you can take them with stool sotfners if they constipate you, that's what I did. I bled heavily for three months straight, ended up severly anemic. I was tired, dizzy, weak and unable to function. I actually ended up on disability, I lost the entire summer to pain and suffering. I eventually needed five blood transfusions before they would consider operating on me. You should have your doc check your blood level, if it's too low they wont operate.

Hang in there, it'll be over soon and you'll be on the other side with the rest of us princesses!

Best of luck,
Mary Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2003, 06:25 AM

Hi Peacecoming, I agree with MareSINY, I too had the blood transfusion thanks to that wonderful thing called a period. I take a daily Iron pill and will have to my doc says until my surgery. I lose too much blood when I have my period and then WHAM!!! my blood count goes down I end up in the hospital with a needle in my arm. Not a fun thing I know so ask your doc about taking Iron just to make sure your counts are up enough to have the surgery. I also work full time and am married and have two kids. Believe me when the big day comes I will ready and willing!!!!!!!!
Unread 10-24-2003, 06:34 AM

Hi Peace, I know what you are going through because I am too - the constant bleeding, pain, backache, headaches (in my case). I have bloodstains everywhere in my house, on the cushions, the futon, the carpet, my clothes...all from those nice, unexpected gushes. I have not stopped bleeding for 30 days, and I think I just started my next cycle only because it has gone from moderate gushes once or twice a day, with little in between, to heavy, constant, with clots, etc. etc. etc.

to you, hang in there, and it WILL get better for both of us! Good luck with your surgery; my doc is leaving my ovaries in too, as I'm only 40 and they will be doing service for many years yet.

blessings

Orin
Unread 10-25-2003, 07:51 PM

Thanks for your support and advice! It really helps! I am taking two b.c. pills everyday and there is a weeks worth of iron pills in the pack 75mg. and I will be sure to take one daily. I have a few other free packs. I won't have a blood test until one week before my surgery date. I hope the iron pills will help. I am going to look up on the net iron-rich foods and start eating them. I don't want to have a low blood count and have to postpone surgery.
I am on day 20 of continual bleeding. Really heavy today. Passing clots, feeling extremely tired and dizzy today. I had to go to Chucky Cheese today for my neices birthday party. I was constantly running to the bathroom. I took a 2 hour nap when I came home and that really helped give me more energy.
I am thinking of calling the doctor Monday and seeing if I can get my surgery date sooner. My date is 11/19. It seems so long from now. I am not sure if I can wait. Not sure what to do.
Any tips on iron rich foods?
Thanks,
peacecoming

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register