What should I ask? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What should I ask? What should I ask?

Unread 06-09-2005, 06:37 AM
What should I ask?

Hi everyone,
I have my 4wk check up tomorrow with the Gyno, just wondering what sort of questions I should ask.
My mind has drawn a blank any suggestions greatly appreciated. I kept my ovaries and feel I don't really have any hormone concerns at this point. Please let me know what questions you asked that really helped you.
Thanks Ros
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2005, 07:09 AM
What should I ask?

Hi Ros,

I kept a note pad and wrote down my questions as they popped into my head...then reviewed it and came up with a short list. Try thinking about what you want to know today and jotting those questions down.

You also might want to review the "Checkpoints" (linked from the top of this page) for 3-4 weeks post-op and 5-6 weeks post-op. You may get some ideas from those articles.

My doctor and I briefly reviewed my surgery and path reports, again....I wasn't too with-it at the 1 week check-up.

I asked about what activities I could resume. Walking, driving, and tub baths were the only things she said were ok.

I asked about whether I should keep taking my iron supplements.

I asked about caring for my incision site and if I could use creams like Mederma or vit E oil on it.

I asked if I should expect any vaginal drainage, because I had not had any since days 8 and 9....she said yes because I still had some sutures and healing to do yet.

I asked about soreness in my lower abd and pelvic area and swelly belly.

Hope this helps!
Unread 06-09-2005, 07:33 AM
What should I ask?

Thank you for that. At the moment I just don't know if I am coming or going. My mind just seems to be in a muddle with everything
Thank you once again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register