Im home and so very sore and tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Im home and so very sore and tired Im home and so very sore and tired

Unread 07-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Im home and so very sore and tired

im home now. My surhery went well with no problems..PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Iam very sore and extremely tired. It is 3:30am here in Indiana and I am having alot of trouble sleepin. Iam on a hormone patch and so far so good. My pain meds are good...I just hope I can sleep soon. I just wanted to give all of my fellow sisters a small update for now. Im off to my bed to try sleeping again......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2005, 03:09 AM

Welcome home Lisa! I cannot believe you are back home already! I am so happy to hear you are doing well. Take care and get lot's of rest..........

's and 's

Jennifer
Unread 07-19-2005, 03:38 AM

Welcome Home Lisa!!! Glad to hear everything went O.K!
Make sure you get plenty of rest....you're a princess now, make sure you baby yourself!!

Best Wishes for a healthy, quick recovery!
Hugz
Bernadette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2005, 11:08 AM

Welcome home..amazing you are home already. Take it easy and don't do anything but what your doctor says.
Hugs
Brenda
Unread 07-19-2005, 03:45 PM
I cannot sleep at all

It has only been 24 hours since my surgery, and I havent been able to sleep at all. I mean Ill sleep but only for about 15 minutes to a half an hour at a time. Im so tired. I called my doctor and he wasnt in his office, so his nurse paged him and he told her to call me in a sleepin pill. I m thrilled about that. All I want to do is sleep. I also want to know If anyone has ever had problems sitting up like on their couch or even in their bed. When I do of course it is painful, but I also become very dizzy and nauseous. I hope I can sit up soon..LOL. I want to get out of this bed, but I do know that resting is best right now and in the days to come as well. I hope to chat to you all soon......
Unread 07-19-2005, 05:56 PM

I am still on the couch at four weeks out. I couldn't stand my bed at all. I slept in the recliner at first and now just lay on the couch with correct pillow placement. It hurt something awful to get up the first week or so and when the coughing started...AHHHHH! I was taking my percocet just so I would fall asleep for a couple hours. Then the third week I wasn't awake half a day. Now I am back to insomnia. I fall alseep, but don't stay asleep. Eventually it gets better, but that first week home was the hardest.
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:06 PM

Can't believe you are home already! I was in the castle for 2 nights! The first week is tough, so be sure to pamper yourself and be a good little princess! I was able to sit up with little problems by the 3rd day after surgery...just make sure you keep lots of pillows around to keep you comfortable. Get lots and lots of Your body has lots of healing to do! And as for insomnia, that is part of the recovery. I slept very little, and hardly took naps at all! It gets better as time goes on. Just be patient with your body! If you aren't resting enough, you may need to have a mild sleep aid for a short period of time. I didn't need one because I was able to sleep about 5 or 6 hrs. a night.

Take care!
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:44 PM

Wow! Your home so fast!!! Please take it VERY EASY!
Make sure you drink as much water as you can, I cannot stress this enough.
Constipation was so bad for me and water will help you along.

You probably don't have an appetite, but when you can stand it, eat FRUIT.
I am 4 weeks post - op today and beginning to feel a little better.
Try to be patient with your recovery little princess.....the more you pamper in the beginning,
the better you will heal!
Sending you good thoughts.

p.s. I have pretty bad insomnia too, I sleep about 3 hours total per day, its pretty common.
Unread 07-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Welcome home Lisa

Can't believe you're home after 1 day. But God is a healer. Get plenty of rest!!! Get pampered!!!
Unread 07-19-2005, 11:25 PM

Wow!! You are home already!!! Take it easy...and this is coming from the person that had the nerves to clean the bathroom (clean tile and all) 5 days post-op. I am suffering for it. Relax and be the Princess you are now, are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register