headache 24/7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

headache 24/7 headache 24/7

Unread 09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
headache 24/7

Hi, had my surgery on the 28 th of Aug. since i have been home i have a headache 24/7, it's really bad along with everything else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 11:14 AM
headache 24/7

i too have a constant headache. I am 3 days post-op.
Unread 09-14-2007, 12:51 PM
headache 24/7

Are You Already Home After 3 Days? What Type Of Hysterectomy Did You Have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 01:42 PM
headache 24/7

Hey there,
Did you guys have an epidural or a spinal? These can cause some pretty nasty headaches, but then again, so can hormonal changes. Caffeine helps with the epidural/spinal type of headache, so drink a coke, and call your doc.
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:48 PM
headache 24/7

I, too, had headaches most days after I had my surgery. (And I woke up from surgery with a whopper of one behind my right eye!) When I saw the doctor at my 3 week appt., he put me on Premarin .625. The hormone replacement did help. I don't have the daily, constant headaches.

I'm wishing you the best for your recoveries!

Peggy
LAVH/BSO
Unread 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM
headache 24/7

I was sent home 2 days post-op of my LAVH + right tube and ovary removal. They tried to send me home 2 hours after surgery and took my morphine pump after only 12 hours of being out of the OR. OMG, the pain that night was torture! I demanded the pump back 3 hours off it and 6 hours after my demands , i get hooked back to the pump for 10 more hours, then they took it for good and sent me home. The headache seems mostly on the left side of my head, including behind the left eye..

It has been getting a bit more managable as the days creep by. I was told by my surgeon to take Tylenol rather than the hydromorphine.

There is no rhyme-or-reason to when my headaches and body feel better or worse. I just have to go with the flow and take things one moment at a time.
Unread 09-14-2007, 04:15 PM
headache 24/7

Some narcotics can also cause headaches as well. I hope you guys feel beeter soon!!
Unread 09-14-2007, 05:05 PM
headache 24/7

Hi worried 39!

Did you keep your ovaries? Are you using any HRT? Which pain medications are you using? Are you drinking plenty of water? Are eating well? Do you normally have headaches? Are you sleeping in your own bed? Have you ever had surgery before and if so did you have a headache then? Have you talked to your doctor?

I know that is quite a list of questions but there are so many reasons for a headache after a hyst. And especially if you do not normally have headaches, you need to let your doctor know what is going on. You may need to change your meds, your HRT, your diet, how you are sleeping, etc.

I am a chronic headache sufferer so I know how badly it can feel to have a headache that goes on and on and on! I am having one right now!

Please talk to your doctor and see if your doctor can offer you a solution that will give you relief. In the meantime, an ice pack (frozen peas or corn work well!) might help. in there and keep us posted! s
Unread 09-14-2007, 09:08 PM
headache 24/7

I had a headache for about 3 weeks afterwards. Nothing helped it - not even the Percocet. Eventually it just went away and have had no problems since.

It sure was awful at the time - but I just laid around and did nothing and that helped.
Unread 09-15-2007, 08:02 AM
headache 24/7

perceptionist I also have the left sided headache...are you still having yours?
Why is it only one sided? Any advice out there?( I am drinking tons of h2o.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register