6 days post hysterectomy: Should I be feeling this good so soon after?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post hysterectomy: Should I be feeling this good so soon after?? 6 days post hysterectomy: Should I be feeling this good so soon after??

Unread 04-27-2015, 06:05 PM
6 days post hysterectomy: Should I be feeling this good so soon after??

Hi Everyone,

Pro's: I am 6 days post- op from my partial hystectomy and feel really good. My surgery was preformed vaginally and I have had very little pain thus far. My energy level is good as well.

Con's: Continued Spotting
Headaches
frequent urination

Overall, so far so good! I can deal with the few issues I have as the good certainly outweighs the bad at this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Re: Should I be feeling this good so soon after??

Dribs, I have t say I sort of feel the same way as you. Other than the nausea I had prior to leaving the hospital I have had no issues. Still no BM though I am wondering if this is the calm before the storm. I am only taking motrin as of now and my surgery was on the 23rd. I am not complaining though just a little concerned. hopefully it continues this way
Unread 04-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Re: 6 days post hysterectomy: Should I be feeling this good so soon after??

tedeja25,

Glad to hear that you are doing well! Just be careful not to overdo it as I found myself back in the doctors office yesterday due to heavy bleeding. It was beyond frightening! After examination, my doctor confirmed that everything was healing very well and I must have had a slight tear. She wasn't able to confirm her hunch do to the fact that she could not visibly see the bleed as it had subsided by the time I got to the office. She instructed me to lay low for the next few days. Its a catch 22 because you physically feel good but it is so easy to overdo it and your body still needs time to heal. Netflix will be my new best friend for the next few days! I hope you continue to feel good and get stronger with each day that passes.

Best,
Dribs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2015, 06:08 PM

Me too! I actually feel a little guilty because I keep reading from others who are just as far along as me who are just now starting to get out of bed and can barely make it to the mailbox and back. I've been driving, shopping, out to dinner, to a movie (definitely the most uncomfortable), run some errands, and am now back at work half-days. Had my 2 week checkup yesterday, and while the exam was pretty painful, dr. said I'm healing great and to increase activity, start driving longer distances, can even do light exercise. I will say that I wear an abdominal binder all day and bought a crapload ($500 worth) of vitamins and supplements, and I think these help a lot. I do rest and take it easy in the evenings but otherwise I feel pretty darn good.

Cons- spotting/ brownish discharge (stitches starting to dissolve), some "dull ache" in the vagina, and occasional fuzzy head.
Unread 04-29-2015, 08:21 PM

Dribs sorry to hear about that I will make sure and vice and not too much. Take care of yourself and listen to the DR and get plenty of rest.

Cassoneva, I didn't think I would need an abdominal binder does it help with the swollen belly? I haven't tried driving yet, and I forgot about the vitamin supplements-thanks for the advice
Unread 04-30-2015, 03:29 AM

Hi everyone. ..Im a newbie to this site.had my LAVH on last friday that makes it 7 days ago...i have no pain since ive been discharged and me being my self..started walking around..cooking n doing small errsnds at home..all seemed fine till i noticed a small trickle of bleeding this morning I was feeling almost normal. .was I over doing it??? Condidering myself to be some superwoman ????? Am now all worried and immediately signed up here...pls advise
Unread 04-30-2015, 03:45 AM

Glad to hear that you guys are doing so well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register