Well it has been about a month since I have been here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well it has been about a month since I have been here Well it has been about a month since I have been here

Unread 09-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Well it has been about a month since I have been here

I think the last time I was here was right after I went back to work on 1 August. Boy have I been busting my little rear end off.

My first week back to work went well. I was exhausted every night but made it through. Then I went and visited my gentleman friend the second weekend in August - it was a wonderful birthday weekend.

Well when I came back I had to work 18 days straight. Boy that was a long stretch. This is my first weekend off since I visited my friend back in August.

Everything is going along great at work and personally. My advisor and program director are helping me work through the fact that I missed a class and I am now behind - but I am getting back on track.

I just have one concern and I thinking about setting up an appointment with my doctor - my friend and I have been intimate tiwce now since the surgery and I still have spotting afterwards and some pain where the right ovary should be. So Tuesday I think I am going to call my doc and see what she says. Any ideas as to why this might be happening still?

He says the only difference he has seen since the surgery is I am much more relaxed and that the "O"s are more intense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2007, 12:22 PM

The spotting after is pretty common. It could be granulation, if you had your cervix removed. Or it could be dryness. Or it could be just normal healing for you at this stage.
My vaginal cuff "looked fine" and yet I had spotting/bleeding after sex a few times. We've determined it's dryness since I had a few episodes like that before surgery as well.
You could call your dr. for an exam so you're sure of the cause.
Unread 09-02-2007, 04:19 PM

Yes I did have my cervix removed. I did have spotting a few times prior to the surgery but dryness has never been an issue.

I am voting for granulation. I think I am just gonna call her nurse and see what she says. I am just a little concerned because now that my friend is back in local area I want things to go smoother and do not want him to worry about anything for a change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register