How to lose weight after a Hysterectomy! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Eating Right for Wellness

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

How to lose weight after a Hysterectomy! How to lose weight after a Hysterectomy!

Unread 10-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Re: How to lose weight after a Hysterectomy!

I am 43. My feet just kept being in more & more pain to where I could not walk even a few feet without terrible pain. The doctor said my arch is high & I now have inserts in my shoes but the damage is done to the planner tissue & it will take a long time to heal. It is kinda like a sprain. It is way better than it was but unless I loose weight it is going to happen again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2010, 06:06 PM

Ahhhhhh.... That happened to me twice. I had to wear a special boot , very painful!!!! Mine was from working out.

I just had surgery again on my right foot for the 3rd time from working out. Big drag ! I have to avoid the treadmill, it hurts me the pounding. So I do interval training, the Firm and Jackie Warner.

I'm here for you, by the way I'll be 49 on Wednesday.. :}
Unread 10-11-2010, 06:17 PM

Happy almost birthday!!! Mine really started to hurt when hubby & I started walking a lot. I thought it would be so good for me & now I have hurt them so badly. The doctor said it could take 6 months for them to be out of pain. I was wondering if it was something else because at the same time my tmj (that has never bothered me before) went crazy to the point where I had to blend all my food & eat it with a spoon for a week. I could not have any pressure & my jaw at all. I could not do the mri that the dentist wanted (I flipped out in the machine & am afraid to go back for the open one). But my jaw is better so I am hoping my feet will get better too, soon. Sorry your feet are hurt to. It is not fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2010, 03:47 AM

Sea Butterfly,
You sound like a ball of stress like me ! My ex-husband sold the open MRI's, they are a piece of cake. I'm claustrophobic too and I can handle them. Additionally , ask the doctor to prescribe something so you can relax during the procedure. I have faith in you.

The foot problem, the best thing for me was stretching. Lie on your back, hold your foot in the air and place a towel over the arch of your foot slide the towel to the ball of your foot and gently pull to stretch out the heel. Works wonders.

I'm up early, coffee and 30 minutes of the Firm, shower and off to work for a meeting. I will leave at 7:30 am. I will pack an ounce of nuts in case our meeting runs past 12:00. Then I will have a light lunch.

I'll fill you in more later, have a great day!!!

Liz
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:27 AM

I will try those exercises. I have been rolling a tennis ball under my foot & that seems to help a little bit. Have a wonderful day!
Unread 10-15-2010, 01:16 AM

I looked into the Fat Flush Plan at the beginning of the year; it reallly works although I don't know how many of the people have had hysterectomies.

It's a lifestyle change, healthy eating, and the author Ann Louise Gittleman has also written other very good books for women's health.

On the topic of books, everyone here should read Uzzi Reiss's book, Natural Hormone Balance. He is THE MAN on hormone replacement therapy.

I lost 14 lbs in February in four weeks on Fat Flush. It's not a crazy radical fasting diet. It's the original detox plan and much healthier than the measures some may be taking trying to just get rid of the weight. With that kind of discipline and determination, Fat Flush would be a piece of cake.

I recommend the original Fat Flush Plan book and then joining the very informative forum community to get the updates. There are a lot of diet plan books out there, this one is not a fad. Starvation is not the answer...
Unread 10-15-2010, 04:35 AM

Thank you for your input. Let me say I"M NOT STARVING!!!...lol. I know all about Fat Flush, very short acting and the weight will come right back. It has some good components though.

HRT, can't live without it. I have tried. Replacement hormones, spent thousands on Doctors and scripts, completely useless.

I have been watching my calorie intake for over a month and the weight is coming off slowwwwwwly. No starving over here, I'm a chef for goodness sakes. Plenty of exercise too. I look great.

It's all about better choices over a lifetime... :}
Unread 11-13-2010, 03:58 AM

Weight is still coming off, I feel great! Slow process , but works well. It is a lifestyle change as well as knowing your daily schedule in advance.

Step out of the excuses and the whining and get going. Life is meant to be lived not endured!!
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:24 PM

i'm personally doing weight watchers they have a new points plus program i love it i've been on it for about 3 weeks now and have lost 6.8 lbs as of last week, hopefully more this week going to weight in today. What i love about it is most fruits and vegetables are 0 pts. I also get more daily and weekly pts.
Unread 03-22-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope43 View Post
i'm personally doing weight watchers they have a new points plus program i love it i've been on it for about 3 weeks now and have lost 6.8 lbs as of last week, hopefully more this week going to weight in today. What i love about it is most fruits and vegetables are 0 pts. I also get more daily and weekly pts.
Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register