5k 10 days after DaVinci | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Women Who Run

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5k 10 days after DaVinci 5k 10 days after DaVinci

Unread 04-22-2015, 01:49 AM
5k 10 days after DaVinci

Hi! I am scheduled for davinci hyst in 2 weeks. I signed up for a 5k well before my survey was scheduled. The 5k is 10 days after my surgery. I am an active runner, running my 3rd half marathon this Sunday! I am hoping with my current training and fitness level that I will at least be able to walk the 5k after my surgery. Any thoughts/input? Any runners out there that were able to walk 3.1 miles that soon after surgery? I need to be able to get back to running...this endo pain has drastically limited my training (was supposed to do the full marathon this weekend but had to switch to the half secondary to lack of long runs due to pain). Running is my stress relief! 😃
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2015, 12:07 PM
Re: 5k 10 days after DaVinci

Hello,

I hope your surgery goes well. I haven't had mine yet, but I am hoping to get back to running ASAP. I have scheduled a half marathon (before I knew I was having surgery) 6weeks after surgery! I already paid my race entry and flight/hotel/shuttle, so hopefully I can attend, but I don't know about running. Keep us posted on your recovery.
Unread 04-27-2015, 01:43 PM

Hello Jkuzala! I am a runner and had an abdominal hysterectomy on 3/4. I had a doctor's appt 6 days after at which time I was told that I could walk as much as I wanted but to listen to my body. (No running, lifting, etc. though for 6 weeks). So I began walking the next day. I started slowly and headed out twice a day. In about 5 days I was able to get up to walking 3 miles at one time. So I think there's a good chance you'll be able to walk the 5K. I was released to begin normal activity at my appt at about 5 and a half weeks. So I'm just getting started incorporating some running and trying to work myself back up. But I found that walking helped my recovery immensely. By end of 6 weeks I was walking 7 to 7.5 miles a day.....I would do 5 in the morning and then go for a shorter 2 or so in the afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2015, 07:11 PM
5k 10 days after DaVinci

I am 11 days post op from lavh. I was not running for the last couple months because of bleeding so my fitness level has suffered. I did walk 3 miles today. I'm feeling it now but just tired - no pain or anything.
Unread 05-28-2015, 08:53 PM

I am 8 days post op from davinci hysterectomy. I walked 2.7 miles today. It took me an hour but I did it. My usual routine is spinning, kickboxing, weight training 5x a week. 75 min a day. It is very depressing to be out of my routine, but I know with each walk I am closer to getting back. If you are a runner you shouldn't have a problem walking the 5k. Just take it slow. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register