Now there's a polyp too.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now there's a polyp too.. Now there's a polyp too..

Unread 04-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Now there's a polyp too..

Hi all... I've had a few posts here already and I want to thank everyone for help. I was Dx last week or so with 4 lg fibroid tumors and a Nabothian cyst. Last week my Dr did a endo. biopsy and a pap. I got the results today. The Pap showed atypical cells, but biopsy came back clean..

Whew!

BUT, she did a colposcopy on me today and the supposed 'cyst' turned out to be a polyp that is trying to come out of my cervix. She did a biopsy on the polyp and my cervix today. I won't have the results of those til next week. So, now I have to wait another week for biopsy results. I guess I'm just wondering why all the checking now, if it's all going to come out anyway. I just want it all over, and then they can tell me later what the results are..

Anyone been thru this kinda thing?

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 04:18 PM

I too had a polyp which was biopsied before being removed via hysteroscopy last Nov. The doc said that it was much easier to decide on treatment if he knew what he was dealing with prior to surgery.

All of my pathology has been clear, they have to test everything just to make sure - don't stress too much as malignancies are very unusual.

Diana
Unread 04-11-2002, 06:34 PM

Thanks Diana, I'm trying to remain calm.. Seems like all I'm doing is waiting tho..

Question: Is there usually just 1 polyp? Are or there more hiding out up there?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 06:41 PM

Sherry,

I had a polyp that was biopsied too. It was found during an endometrial biopsy. They only found one, but there can be more. I tend to form polyps and have had some removed from my colon too. My nurse practitioner said they are like skin tags on the skin. I have zillions of those.

I know all that waiting for biopsy results gets nerve racking. So here's a hug to help ease the anxiety

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register