TVH tighter vag....is this true? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tighter vag....is this true? tighter vag....is this true?

Unread 11-09-2013, 01:26 PM
tighter vag....is this true?

Sorry if this comes off rather blunt, but I have spoken with many women who have had a vaginal hysterectomy, and most have said that their vaginas were a bit tighter afterwards. They seemed very happy about this (as did their husbands apparently) with the exception of one. She said that she felt is was too tight which made sex uncomfortable at first. I am such an amateur with all of this and cant seem to get the answers from my obgyn... her response was that they sew the "top" of the vagina. HELLO??? I don't even know what means or where that is?? Help!!! ***sigh***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Re: tighter vag....is this true?

I had a TVH and I'm no tighter. Some ladies do have other repairs done that may "tighten", but a "plain" TVH does not tighten anything. Where the cervix/bottom part of the uterus was removed, there is an opening created that needs to be sewn closed again. That's called the "vaginal cuff". It's just where they sew closed the incision made to do the hysterectomy. You can call that the "top" of the vagina, or the "end", it's just where the cervix used to be. "Cuff" is not a helpful term but that's the correct term, and you'll see posts about it here. I hope that explanation helps.
Unread 11-09-2013, 01:50 PM

Thank you so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyown View Post
I had a TVH and I'm no tighter. Some ladies do have other repairs done that may "tighten", but a "plain" TVH does not tighten anything.
Do you know if a rectocele repair tightens things? I don't know if I want to hear yes or no, lol, but it makes me wonder if I need to be mentally prepared.
Unread 11-09-2013, 03:10 PM

My doctor told me that my DH might think I'm "tighter" but that would likely be due to differences in sexual response. It takes me a little longer to get "worked up" for sex. If we go quickly, then it does seem tighter, but as we proceed it loosens up. I think it's also a lubrication issue. Since I have no ovaries, if we don't use lubrication, then if feels tight because I'm not lubricated enough, even it it feel to me that I am. Does that make any sense?
Unread 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM

Don't know what all you are dealing with but I had a prolapse uterus for over three years. It did stretch out the opening of my vagina and was ask by my Doctor if I wanted it smaller.

She said speak now or forever hold your peace!! hahahaha I told her smaller would be fine but not like a 20 year old virgin
Unread 11-09-2013, 04:59 PM

I had a TVH and my vagina is not tighter. My DH notices no difference during sex and my vagina looks no different when I checked it out with a mirror.

If women are feeling tighter, I think they may have had repairs as well as hysterectomy, are having lubrication issues or perhaps wishful thinking!
Unread 11-09-2013, 05:00 PM

As others have said, unless you have additional work done a hysterectomy will not make your vagina any tighter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register