Watch what you wish for!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Watch what you wish for!!! Watch what you wish for!!!

Unread 03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Watch what you wish for!!!

I am new to this site and it has been such a great pleasure to read all the stories from so many strong women , who have helped me prepare for this day! I was to have my surgery today. I have prepped for this day for a long time. I was sooo :confuse: scared on my way to the castle. I told my DH lets just forget it and go to breakfast. I'm hungry!!But he kept driving Well we got there and went through everything , IV , Pills ,waited 1 1/2 hrs and then Dr and Anethesisologist decided to cancel , my bloodwork did not look great??? Well had the bloodwork done a week ago and couldnt tell me then I have had anemia for a year and half, with the normal sideffects , including heart palp and some chest discomfort , now they want a cardiac workup to clear me for surgery. I just was beside myself, Now will have to reschedule and go through this all over again. Hopefully soon . So DH took me to breakfast. I guess I better watch what I wish for next time. So thanks for all the well wishes!! And speedy recovery for all !!! Love to hear from any sisiters who got cancelled last minute??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 06:45 PM

What a shame you had trouble with your bloodwork results. I agree, that should have been addressed way before arriving for surgery. I had a blood abnormality in my tests but I was alerted the day after I had it done so it could be corrected.

I guess the only way to look at it is that your doctors want to make sure every "T" is crossed and "i" is dotted so there will be no surprises during the operation.

Sorry you had to go through this, and hopefully, they'll get it right with their next tests they do on you. In fact, if I were you, confirm with your doctor a day or so ahead of time that "all systems are go". That way you won't have another disappointment.

Best of luck to you, and if it's any solace, it's so well worth it! My life has taken a turn for the better and am loving every minute of it!
Unread 03-13-2007, 08:11 PM

Hi!
I am probably joining you in this cancellation thing! I am scheduled for surgery on Friday, but I have this bad, deep cough, and tomorrow, I can bet that they will be cancelling me at the pre-op appointment. This is not quite as dramatic as yours. What a pain that you got that far!!! That is like, too close to having it finished. I am sorry that you had to go through that!
I know what a pain, because we get all ready for this, and something happens. I am afraid that the woman at the doctor's office already dislikes me because my first one was cancelled because I hadn't thought of the idea that I'd have a period then, the second changed because my period came so late that it rolled in to the new time, and Now, here we are! I hope they don't fire me, because the doctor is great. What can ya do? It's out of my hands.

I wish you all the best, and actually, it is probably for the better, they are looking out for your best interests, your best health. God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 02:05 PM

to you. I hope you're rescheduled soon. You're not alone in having surgery cancelled at the last minute, although it's somewhat uncommon.

P.S. Once you have a new date, please take a minute to change your surgery date in your profile.
Unread 03-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Thanks , You know whats the hardest part is you get so mentally prepared for the surgery and I was minutues away from being free from all this pain , and just like that I'm on my way home. I do totally understand why , I am just very unhappy they could not have found this out when I had my preop.The blessing is that my doctor scheduled my breast biopsy for friday,then I can get that worry out of my head !!
I will post new date as soon as I get it. Thanks and all be well !!!!
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:03 PM

Disappointing for sure, but at least you'll know you are medically clear. Why they don't look at the blood work before is beyond me, but I know at my D&C my gyn didn't see my blood work till just before they wheeled me away. At least they were looking. Good luck with the breast biopsy and keep us posted on your date! mellie, I'm with you on the doctor's office not liking you! I had to reschedule once since my step mom was terminal and the second time because I found out my urogyn has to do work too and I don't want two surgeries. The lady was barely civil and made me feel like scum since she had to find someone to move earlier! Good luck! We may both be fired!
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:05 PM

Hi there sunny,
My surgery was also cancelled on the day because i turned up with a chest infection. I had to wait 6wks for it to fully clear and had some chemo before surgery. It is a really horrible feeling and my thoughts are with you. You prep yourself mentally and physically for this and then to have it chnaged at the last minute is worse i think than the surgery itsself.
I am now 9mths post op and am glad its over.
Good luck to you and keep your chin up.
hugs
lil

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register