New around here ( endometrial hyperplasia, HPV, precancerous cells on cervix) | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New around here ( endometrial hyperplasia, HPV, precancerous cells on cervix) New around here ( endometrial hyperplasia, HPV, precancerous cells on cervix)

Unread 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
New around here ( endometrial hyperplasia, HPV, precancerous cells on cervix)

Hi,

and with that said I have a ton of questions and concerns. This journey so far has been a long one. I'll try to keep things short. I started my period at a young age and have never had a "normal period." After things becoming worse this year I finally went into my doctor for stomach problems which started me down this road.

I have learned so far that I'm HPV positive which I'm still trying it since only having two sexually partners. this has lead to pre cancer cells on the cervix.

I have one fibroid that is about 3cms but it is special type called a transmural fibroid. Google doesn't have much info on them.

I have endometrial hyperplasia and had a biopsy on Thursday, than I meet with my ob on next Monday.

My homework from my dr is to "ponder options" for about a week than meet with him to over things and my biopsy.

Those options are:

Mirena
Lapscopy
Minilapsetomy
Hysterectomy

There ya go in a nutshell of my gyno problems. I have been lurking over this weekend and so far have found everything helpful. All of this has became such a shock and I'm living in denial. Which I know is a bad spot but I cannot bring myself to the place of there is something wrong. I keep telling myself to wait until the 15th too see if I need to freak out or just go with life. Sorry this is so long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Re: New around here

Hi!
Welcome. I am new too. Just several weeks ago I was where you are. Then the doctor did an ultra sound and found out what was going on, adenomyosis and polyps for me with heavy bleeding to the point on anemia. I have no displagia. Right now I am looking at a hysterectomy. Maybe let it all sink in and research and make the best decission for you. I am still coping with denial. When I orginally saw my doctor he was very optimistic I could try the Mirena or ablation but once I was fully diagnosed those were not that good an options for me.
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Re: New around here

Hi ttigs -

There is so much to consider and ponder. I know it is overwhelming. Take a deep breath, and look around on this site. Also, do some research as best you can on the Internet.

There may be women with similar experiences that can chime in and share what they know.

Talk with your doctor extensively during your meeting, and share your concerns that you might have. Make the decision that is right for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Re: New around here ( endometrial hyperplasia, HPV, precancerous cells on cervix)

Thank you ladies. I'm counting down the days until my ob appt. Thankfully work will keep me busy.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register