over sized underwear, style suggestions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

over sized underwear, style suggestions? over sized underwear, style suggestions?

Unread 08-22-2013, 12:49 AM
over sized underwear, style suggestions?

Hi there just a quickie question. For the most part I usually wear the french cut style of underwear that the briefs because they don't hug my legs as much and hurt., But as far as the post surgery underwear suggestion is the briefs more recommended than the french/hi cut? Maybe it doesn't matter. Hopefully when I go buy some I'll get some help at the store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Re: over sized underwear, style suggestions?

Hi, i haven't had my surgery yet, but when people say about them I imagine big 'bridget jones' style, granny pants! I think this is what I will be getting.
All the best!
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:50 AM

I bought granny panties, and I found them so big and uncomfortable, I never wore them. I did get a couple extra pairs of surgical panties from the hospital and wore them for the first week. After that I went back to my normal style (I like French cut too). I bought a cheap pack of one size bigger, and they served me well. My incisions were well below the elastic. Since you are having a TVH, you should have no incision irritation problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2013, 03:06 AM

Oh ok so that's what the oversized panties are mostly for if you have an incision?

I'm not sure, i talked to the nurse at my dr's office, and she was saying it was a good idea to get the oversized panties.
Unread 08-22-2013, 03:24 AM

I just related my experience. Some ladies like the feeling of the larger granny panties even without an incision to worry about. A lot of us get swelly belly after surgery and some find that they feel better in bigger panties. I felt just the opposite. I think it's an individual decision. There is no one size fits all when it comes to hysterectomy after-wear.
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:16 AM

Hi! From my experience I can tell you I couldn't stand having anything touching my tummy let alone anything snug. I bought two pair of granny panties but never even took the tags off. I just wore my regular bikini cut undies and those were just fine because they didn't touch any of my incisions. Best wishes!
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:36 AM

I had a TVH and did fine with my regular panties. I am a fluffier girl and wear Vic Sec cotton bikini briefs. Either regular or Hi cut...I have both and both worked fine. Take Care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register