TAH incisions in your abdomen open at 4 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

incisions in your abdomen open at 4 weeks incisions in your abdomen open at 4 weeks

Unread 02-21-2012, 08:16 PM
incisions in your abdomen open at 4 weeks

I returned to work part time at 3 weeks. Can your skin open next to your stitches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Re: incisions in your abdomen open at 4 weeks

u returned to work at 3 weeks? Wow did your doc ok that? I hope ur work involves u lying horizontal, and you do nothing but rest. Your internal stitches are all still healing, altho external may be healed. Your skin will only open up if your not healing properly or you have infection, i would recommend if your opening up t see a doc, and please dont rush your recovery xxx
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:40 AM

Sister,

my navel incision (small one, from lavh) opened when they took off the stitch. It wasn't pretty and it freaked me out.

It closed back, now, on its own, with a scar that isn't my best (got a few all over the place), but it is kind of hidden into navel, so, not that bad. Normally my scars are very subtle.

I didn't have an infection, nor anything, and I didn't go on antibiotics.

I was back at work at four weeks, but my work is quite light and not 5 days a week. I work standing up, because I'm a teacher (for adults).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 05:16 AM

i had TAH and i am just a little over 3 months.instead of staples they used surgical glue on me on the outside.i have this type to be very nerve-racking cause i had same 1/2 inch part that would come unglued!this happened 3 times.but what i did was i used very sticky generic bandaides ,tightly sealing place back together and then it would seal itsself back together.the 1st time this happened was around 2 week mark.i freaked out cause there was white pus coming out.but i did good according to my dr.this happened again 4 week mark and another time @8 week mark.this same place was hardest to get to heal properly. but i didnt have an infection either.
if i had it to do again i think i would have requested staples on outside BUT dr. said glue was better and more comfortable.
P.S. i went back to work 1 day(waitressing)@ 3 weeks ,1 day 4weeks and then gradually have made it back to 6 weeks.if i had to do over i wouldnt had went back to work until 6-8 weeks.i still am having problem getting to work on time.
but i feel so much better than before surgery.i feel every woman should gradually go back to work if at all possible and i also think every employer should have to pay at least 1/2 your wages for 1st 4 weeks where us,women,dont feel pushed to go back so early.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register