New here and pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here and pre-op New here and pre-op

Unread 02-10-2008, 12:07 PM
New here and pre-op

Hi Systers--I'm brand new to this wonderful site. I have already learned a lot about how to approach my upcoming surgery. (I'm so new that I don't know all the abbreviations, but I'm having laparascopic hyst with uterus, ovaries and cervix being removed.) I feel that this is the best decision I can make for myself right now, and even though I've never had surgery in my life (56 years old), I'm pretty calm about it. Of course, that'll change as they wheel me away! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself--better late than never, right? Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2008, 12:12 PM
New here and pre-op

Welcome! I'm fairly new to the site myself but have found a wealth of information thus far.

I wish you all the best with your upcoming surgery (which, by the way is the same date as mine). We'll both come out of this on the other side very well, I think.
Unread 02-10-2008, 12:32 PM
New here and pre-op

Hi Qb51,

I say...welcome too.

Just ask your questions and we Hyster Sisters are here to help if we can.

I was 46 when I had my hyst..and it was my first surgery ever also. So I can understand your feelings there.

My hyst is still one of the best things I ever did for my long term health.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2008, 05:12 PM
New here and pre-op

Hello Hyster SIsters,
I too am scheduled for Feb 18. I am having TAH with everything being removed. I am new to this site and finding great comfort in the info I have read so far. I saw the calendar and thought how can I connect to the sisters who share this date with me. I wish each of you the best as you embark upon your journey.
Unread 02-10-2008, 05:14 PM
New here and pre-op

Welcome-- I'm tomorrow, laparascopic with uterus, ovaries and tubes being removed, so I can give you the 1 week ahead view!
Unread 02-10-2008, 05:23 PM
New here and pre-op

Spelex,

Your insight would be much appreciated. You will do great, know that your sisters are here for you~
Unread 02-10-2008, 06:16 PM
New here and pre-op

Hello Everyone,
I am also new to this site and was thrilled to see there were at least 2 other ladies with the same surgery date as mine. I am so glad I found this site. I now know what to bring to the hospital and also that any feelings I am experiencing are normal. Thanks to all for the support - this is a great site where you can say how you feel and know that people really do understand!
Unread 02-10-2008, 07:37 PM
New here and pre-op

Phlyirish,

We are all in this together~ I was feeling so alone & confused until my friend told me about this site. I feel like the sisters who share are such a treasure. I am from Ireland, moved to Chicago when I was 2, and now live in AZ for the past 2 years. My friends are all back in Chicago as is my OB. So this journey is all new, new Dr, new hospital, and now new cyber sisters
I hope we can bring support, understanding & friendship to one another as we embark upon this journey.
Unread 02-10-2008, 08:39 PM
New here and pre-op

qb51,

to you and the rest of the newbies!
This site is great for information and for sharing.

Keep reading and if you have questions, post them and you will
get answers from hystersisters who've already had surgery.

After your castle visits you can share your own stories and help others!
Unread 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM
New here and pre-op

to HysterSisters!

We're glad you joined us as you prepare for this journey! There is a ton of awesome information and plenty of s to help you along the way!

You can find a list of commonly used abbreviations by clicking on 'Quick Links' at the top of the page and scroll down the drop down menu or here. You can also find a whole lot of great information by clicking on the words and tabs at the top of the page!

Have a cup of tea and make yourself at home! We're always here for you!

s, Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register