Regulating body temp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Regulating body temp Regulating body temp

Unread 09-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Regulating body temp

I'm sure it has something to do with where you're actually located but I'm still having issues regulating my body temp. Anybody else? I sit around under a blanket most days, freezing, then I have times where I just all of a sudden get warm. I'm not having hot flashes. I did have about half a dozen then they stopped. This is just weird. I'm not on any HRT at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Re: Regulating body temp

I had a lot of that too - I spent the whole summer freezing my patootie off. My doc said that it's indicative of our hormones being out of whack. Give it time, and it will self-regulate again. I'm back to being a normal temp.
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Yay!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:04 PM

Me too! I have always been hot natured but since surgery I have been freezing. I am 3 weeks out and it seems to be getting better now.
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:59 PM

Wondering same thing. Am cold and bundled up most of day.....hot showers are helping but was not what I was expecting post divinci hysterectomy----took everything as I was menopausal before surgery......no hRT befor or now. Cause was endometrial cancer and fast tract in past 2 months for surgery. Final path pending. No other recovery issues but my roommate sure hints that I'm crazy! ;-)
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:02 PM

Lol, I keep having cold flashes bs hot flashes. I'm loving that. Today I went to lunch and it hit me, they thought I was having a seizure or something. I got to shivering a whole body shiver, my teeth chattering so hard I couldn't talk and just shaking. I literally took the cloth napkins from the table and covered my legs up under the table. Lol, at least I wasn't dripping sweat in my food!
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:01 PM

I'm having a terrible time too! Sitting under a blanket right now, but every half hour or so I get shot flash and have to toss it off. I had some nights sweats before surgery, but this is definitely a post surgery thing, even though I kept my ovaries.
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:23 PM

I had that too but it is tapering off.
Unread 09-08-2013, 06:47 AM

Thank God! I thought I was the only one!! I'm five weeks out from having everything removed and am freezing most of the time. People look and me funny it's 100 outside and I'm wearing a sweater lol. I live under a blanket while wearing sweats. I too would rather have the cold than the hot flashes especially since HRT is not an option for me.
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:39 AM

I've always been a chilly person, but let me tell you during my stay at the hospital it was in the high 80's low 90's and I was freezing the AC, in the hospital was full force but at my request my room was set at 80 because I couldn't get the shivers to leave!! My poor visitors would open my door walk in expecting relief from the heat outside and certainly did not find it in my room. And now that I'm at home I have a comforter on my recliner with me and during the day I honestly don't mind the hot flashes. It's during the night when they seem to be intensified. I've woken up just in my undies and don't even remember striping down. Lol.. We always sleep with a fan on too so it's safe to say my night flashes are not as welcome. I just started my HRT patch on Thurs. so my hopes are that this will all soon smoothe itself out and I will live happily ever after well one can wish! Happy healing sisters..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register