Blood in Urine/Lower Abdomen Pain/Low Back Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Blood in Urine/Lower Abdomen Pain/Low Back Pain Blood in Urine/Lower Abdomen Pain/Low Back Pain

Unread 03-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Blood in Urine/Lower Abdomen Pain/Low Back Pain

Just returned from a visit to my primary care provider to rule out any UTI infections. I continue to test positive for blood in my urine and after a batch of other tests including CAT SCANS, etc., she is confident that this may be a result of my adenomyosis.

Anyone else out there with adenomyosis with symptoms of lower pelvic pain/burning, as well as, blood in urine and low back pain? I am 14 days into a new cycle. The pain is worse when sitting down. Most of the research found does not describe pain as a burn-which is why I went to my primary doc today.

Scheduled for complete TAH on April 23rd- taking ovaries since they question whether pelvic pain is result of ovary issues.

Scary story- my primary doc. shared a story of one of her patients who recently had a TAH and was thrilled with the pain relief in her upper abdomen. They found large fibroids that actually had attached to her intestines and none of it was discovered during tests/scans. Unbelievable what they might find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Re: Blood in Urine/Lower Abdomen Pain/Low Back Pain

Sounds like what I experienced with kidney stones.

I have adeno now and I have pains in back and legs and big swelling achy feelings in the uterus. But no blood in my urine.

Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 03-09-2010, 04:39 AM

Thank you for your response. They have completed all tests to rule out kidney stones and/or kidney problems.

At this point, they want to wait until have the TAH to consider any additional testing. I am not real happy with this answer since I can't seem to find anyone or any research supporting blood in urine from adenomyosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Decision2Make -

I had trace blood in my urine for years but with no other symptoms. After numerous scans and tests we could never figure out what it was from. After my cancer find I learned that one rare indicator of endometrial cancer can be blood in the urine. Why, I have no clue.

Could they do some form of biopsy or D&C to help them further identify things? Or even a laproscopic procedure to check things out?

Just wondering.

for your difficult decision.

G
Unread 03-09-2010, 04:28 PM

you just described what i was dealing with (lower pelvic pain, lower back pain, blood in urine) at the end of january. the pain was so severe i was in ER twice, had a ct scan, ultrasounds, bloodwork and no one could find anything wrong. saw my GYN twice and he finally did a diagnostic laproscopy on feb. 3 and found my fallopian tube was adhesed to my bowel out of place and filled with an endometrioma. it was all corrected and i was pain free for 2 weeks and then the symptoms came back. now i'm having the da vinci hyst on march 30 to remove everything except one ovary. the pain started coming back yesterday. : (
Unread 03-09-2010, 04:33 PM

Thank you for the responses. It makes me feel better that others have similar issues. My OB/GYN doc. chatted with my primary care doc. today and they both agree that we should know more after my TAH including both ovaries on April 23rd. They both think that any more testing would be unnecessary at this point in time.

I hope they are right!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register