Trying to be Superwoman at 12 days... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to be Superwoman at 12 days... Trying to be Superwoman at 12 days...

Unread 12-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Trying to be Superwoman at 12 days...

I am 12 days out and have just figured out that although my mind says it wants to be fine, my body isn't ready. I had my surgery on Nov 27, removal of uterus and cervix by DaVinci. I was given no info about bowel prep so I did none (first mistake). My bowels tend to run toward constipated anyway and I have the hemmorhoids to prove it. I went full force into salads with lots of raw veggies and raw apples for the first couple of days and my bowels protested (second mistake). Although I had a "normal" BM within the first 24 hours, the next 48 my colon shut down all together. Then I panicked and my mind was totally occupied with my bathroom schedule. I switched to a soft diet (bean soup, applesauce, mashed potatoes) and walked and drank lots of water. Finally today I had a massive BM and all but danced in the street. I don't know if I've turned the corner but at least I know it can be done. My bladder is still adjusting to the changes and I am grateful for something as simple as being told to blow like through a straw to help with peeing. I was determined to be "normal" asap and I've discovered I have to take it easier. It is so great to have this group to lean on and I thank you all! To those of you experiencing similar problems, have faith. Things will get better! I'm counting on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Re: Trying to be Superwoman at 12 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellydo View Post
I am 12 days out and have just figured out that although my mind says it wants to be fine, my body isn't ready. I had my surgery on Nov 27, removal of uterus and cervix by DaVinci. I was given no info about bowel prep so I did none (first mistake). My bowels tend to run toward constipated anyway and I have the hemmorhoids to prove it. I went full force into salads with lots of raw veggies and raw apples for the first couple of days and my bowels protested (second mistake). Although I had a "normal" BM within the first 24 hours, the next 48 my colon shut down all together. Then I panicked and my mind was totally occupied with my bathroom schedule. I switched to a soft diet (bean soup, applesauce, mashed potatoes) and walked and drank lots of water. Finally today I had a massive BM and all but danced in the street. I don't know if I've turned the corner but at least I know it can be done. My bladder is still adjusting to the changes and I am grateful for something as simple as being told to blow like through a straw to help with peeing. I was determined to be "normal" asap and I've discovered I have to take it easier. It is so great to have this group to lean on and I thank you all! To those of you experiencing similar problems, have faith. Things will get better! I'm counting on it.
Believe it or not your BM issues are pretty common here! I'm 7 weeks post op and my BM's are all over the place. Some days I'm constipated and others I can't get off the toilet. I was told it's just part of the healing process. Honestly, I'm tired of being OCD about the toilet!!!!
Take care, remember lots of rest, drink water and walk to get things moving.
Take care!!
Unread 12-09-2012, 10:30 AM

Me too! Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM

AZO will help with the burning when you pee. It will change the color of your urine and it will stain your undies so ware a pad! But it helps for a few days. another magic drug is dulocax or stool softner! It won't make you go it will help make it easier to go! if you need to go then mirlex and gaterade.(that worked b-4 my surgery). To this day no more gaterade for me yet... If you have a lot of gas or gas bubble.. get chewable gas x... I did all this stuff and it helped get me regular. I am not eating much cuz i am not moving so i have been eating alot of apples, banannas and grapes.. That is the only fruit i eat. oh an an egg for breakfast. keeping things light, cuz i am just laying around. hope this helps.. it's been 3 weeks since my surgery and i still have gas and it hurts when i get it..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register