Anyone else have a Uterine Prolapse? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have a Uterine Prolapse? Anyone else have a Uterine Prolapse?

Unread 06-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Anyone else have a Uterine Prolapse?

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to tell everyone about a very positive experience I had today. I went for my 1st session in [b]Eye Release Therapy. My appt. lasted 1hr. During the session we initially talked about my greatest fear regarding the surgery, which is both pain and fear of complications. I think thats pretty common. I then had to watch a pointer with my eyes while he said nothing but positive things about the outcome( eg the procedure was perfect, I am healthy and everything is going well etc.) After 5 minutes - I, no longer was stressed and if I could've walked in to the OR and had the procedure done I was ready.
I then went into another room where I was put into a very relaxed state and then same positive imagery and words were spoken to me. I was so relaxed and in my mind I was in perfect health, and weight - my life post op is going to be fantastic if that's the outcome. I am no longer worried and I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
I know to some of you that this sounds a little weird - but I was ready to try anything to get rid of that "panic feeling[/i]".
If any of you can get this done in your cities - I highly recommend it preoperatively to help, especially if you are doing a lot of crying and have a lot of emotional issues about the surgery itself!!! You are in control of your own minds.
If you think positively, you will have a positive experience with everything surrounding the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2007, 02:53 AM

Hi
Just thought i would give you an idea of what I went thru after the surgery regards pain.I am a wimp with pain , I was suprised it was uncofortable and you were restricted to movement but I did not suffer real pain.I did have pain meds for about 4 hours after surgery but after that I was on paracetamol.The worst bit of everything was the waiting and not knowing what was going to happan to you.If you need to know anything else just ask I will try to help if I can
take care
Dianne
Unread 06-07-2007, 10:28 AM

I guess the thing that scares me a bit is the thought of pain. I've never had much pain in my life so I don't really know what to expect. It's good to hear that the pain is quite manageable.
Thankfully I've not had pain with the prolapse and I guess that's why it took me a while to decide to have the H done. But the closer it gets, the happier I am that I'm going ahead with it. It will be nice to be active again; I feel like I'm getting sluggish with not straining myself to keep things in place!
I've had 4 big babies (one was almost 11 lbs) and I wouldn't trade them for the world but they sure did their damage! Now I'm excited to get on with life and get in shape again so I can enjoy my grandchildren.

4 days to go!
Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2007, 12:29 PM

I went through natural childbirth for all 3 of my kids in the 1980's - no drugs, no nothing! How stupid was that?!!! Back then, we had heard all the horror stories about the epidurals affecting the babies and we had tried and prayed so hard for our babies, I wasn't gonna take any chances so I went all natural. First 2 kids were 13 months apart and the 3rd baby weight 9 1/2 lbs. I'm only 5'4" and weighed 110 lbs. when I got pregnant for him so it's no wonder my uterus has had enough and has decided to just come on out!! Four years ago I had a vulvar neuroma (from an old episiotomy suture left in), so between having that for 10 years and the pain from that surgery and the natural births, this should be a piece of cake!!!!!! And I'm with you Jo - I'm ready to just get on with it and start feeling better. I've got a new grandson coming in 3 weeks or less and I've got things to do and places to go. Got my pre-op tomorrow and surgery Monday - BRING IT ON Good luck again to you with yours - we'll compare notes in a week or so, ok?!
Diane
Unread 06-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Hi: I am new to this site. I am 64 and just found out I have Stage I endomet. cancer.
I am meeting with the Oncologist on Monday and will be having a total hys. I am scared to death and just need some support. Grateful for this site. Elaine
Unread 06-07-2007, 01:20 PM

What I want to know is why do doctors seem to think that Uterine prolapse isn't painful. It's very painful!
Pat
Unread 06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Good Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou_goddess
What I want to know is why do doctors seem to think that Uterine prolapse isn't painful. It's very painful!
Pat
I thought it was just my doc that thinks that! I mean I totally trust him and am really happy that he's the one doing my hyster, but he keeps telling me that my prolapse (all of them grrrr) should not be causing me ANY discomfort and definitely NOT PAIN. Hmpf! Why is it that MEN always tell women how they should FEEL (pain-wise) in our female areas??? I mean how the [beep] would they know anyhow?
Unread 06-07-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW4215
I went through natural childbirth for all 3 of my kids in the 1980's - no drugs, no nothing! How stupid was that?!!! Back then, we had heard all the horror stories about the epidurals affecting the babies and we had tried and prayed so hard for our babies, I wasn't gonna take any chances so I went all natural. First 2 kids were 13 months apart and the 3rd baby weight 9 1/2 lbs.
Amen! I had 4 big babies too, and I am pretty sure that's where all my "issues" are coming from as well. My oldest is 21, and my youngest is 8, so I told my oldest (who is coming home from college to take care of me after the surgery) what was what, and my youngest that the walls of Jericho came tumbling down and we gotta tack them back up. She seemed pretty happy with that explanation

I too, am having "the works" done next week- it's nice to hear I am not alone, although I am sad that anyone else has to go through this. My biggest fear is that I am trading uncomfortable for painful, I guess there are no guarantees. I am in the "it is what it is" and the "it will be what it will be" phase right now. That will have to do. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers next week, and be enthusiastically reading about our GREAT results!

Tammy
TVH, A & P repair, and vaginal vault repair as well: The Works!
Unread 06-08-2007, 09:56 AM

I have to say that one thing that I'm looking forward to is being able to wear jeans again. It seems that anything "flattering" I want to wear gives my a "cervix wedgie"! It really gets sore after a bit so it just seems easier to wear sweats or pj pants. And there's no point in shopping for something to fit because clothes just aren't made for the "jericho walls" (I love that....I've been wondering how to explain to my older sons why I'm having a H!)
Anybody else finding the same problem?
Unread 06-09-2007, 09:13 AM

Just think... before we know it... this annoying prolapse will be gone! I can't wait... the nerves are going haywire... can't seem to think straight. I really appreciate everyone's comments, I never thought uterine prolapse was so common.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register